• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bl Motor unresponsive

Lucas2504

After finally getting my 6s hyper 7 running this afternoon, the motor has suddenly become unresponsive, does not beep when ESC is on, no stutter or anything. But the ESC flashes when I pull the throttle so it is getting the signal. The solder points do not cross and are solid, nothing has been changed I'm rather confused, any help appreciated :D

Yeah it is 6s capable, reds v8 2100kv motor. I'm also on a budget, so I have no other motors or escs to test with :-/, sell anything I don't need. Abuse wise, I've driven it for 20 mins no issues, that's it, it was second hand though...

It could easily be the ESC or the motor, the only experience I had with a fried ESC was one I gave away with a truck I sold it as a roller as I thought it was the motor, it turned out to be the ESC and now I think about it I wouldn't think a motor would easily pack up, so my money is in the ESC.

oh yes by the way the reason I thought it was the motor was the ESC lit up and the LEDs changed according to acceleration or reverse!

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

As far as I know you cant test the esc with a multimeter and get any useful info. Need to find someone or shop with suitable motor/esc and diagnose by substituting.

Silly question but have a smell of both as sometimes a burnt kinda smell may indicate issues.

No beeping most likely indicates motor issue, as it's the motor which makes the sound.

I had something similar when I bought my brushless set up. Got a LHS to have a look, couldn't get my motor working. Tried with another motor and my esc. It worked... Tried my motor and it worked too. No issues after that at all! 

ok I managed to borrow a friends 4s capable esc and the motor responds but it jitters at a constant rate, when i pull the throttle it spins up but whilst jittering (yes i used a 4s batt). But tbf it was not wired up well, im thinking my esc->motor wire is cut internally somewhere.