• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vantage Fault Help Needed!

Matt_UK_007

Hi all need some advice please. 

My ftx vantage brushless stopped moving yesterday whilst on grass and now will steer left right but not move at all. 

The on/off switch doesn't switch it off now either, as soon as the battery is connected the ecu fan starts running at full speed all the time and I'll attach a photo of the programming card which doesn't respond to any key presses but has this strange set of lights lit up ?

It it has the stock ecu and motor and was running a 3s battery at the time. Car is about 5 years old and has never had any major probs previously. 

IMG_2408.JPG

11 hours ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Assuming you've tried recalibrating your esc.

With the symptoms you've described my best guess would be you've popped a FET on your esc, probably from overheating

Yep I'm starting to think a new esc is on the cards too

5yrs of even semi regular use is some going for a budget esc.  Hats off to it.  Can only echo what's been said - FET's work hard in our applications so it's not unusual.  Your probably already aware but your not limited to an FTX branded replacement esc.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, capri-boy said:

5yrs of even semi regular use is some going for a budget esc.  Hats off to it.  Can only echo what's been said - FET's work hard in our applications so it's not unusual.  Your probably already aware but your not limited to an FTX branded replacement esc.

Any recommendations that would be a good replacement? Using 3s battery and brushless stock motor. 

1 minute ago, Matt_UK_007 said:

Which has served you well, and of course your program card will work fine.

I'd usually recommend this one - 60a too over the 45a photon so a little more headroom:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-quicrun-wp-10bl60-bl-esc/rc-car-products/382833

If on a sensible budget and buying from a Uk  local hobby store, though with an eye to future use the Max10SCT will allow 4S use so would suit a lighter 1/8 (or not be as stressed in the Vantage).  It's not much more £ is you shop around.