• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Mauler Rock Crawler Owners Thread

johninderby

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

The Quicrun 1060 is great for slow speed. The 1080 is better but twice the price so most use the 1060.

John

hey John, difference with the 1060 and 1080? thanks

17 minutes ago, just rolling said:

hey John, difference with the 1060 and 1080? thanks

Higher spec and will handle a bigger load and is a proper crawler ESC. The 1060 is a general purpose ESC that can also crawl. 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-quicrun-1080-80amp-wp-brushed-crawler-esc/rc-car-products/407325

John

• Like 1

6 hours ago, johninderby said:

Higher spec and will handle a bigger load and is a proper crawler ESC. The 1060 is a general purpose ESC that can also crawl. 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-quicrun-1080-80amp-wp-brushed-crawler-esc/rc-car-products/407325

John

cool thanks, any pics with truck shell on?

On 16/09/2017 at 21:14, johninderby said:

15mm wheel wideners added. Think it improves the look as well as the stability of the Mauler.

John

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

Where did you get the wideners from ? Already looking at mods and not even bought one yet!

2 hours ago, johninderby said:

Not 

Waiting on some longer body posts to arrive but should have pics early next week.

John

which mounts you going to try? been out today, great truck for when the twigs etc get a bit too much for the outback

26 minutes ago, just rolling said:

which mounts you going to try? been out today, great truck for when the twigs etc get a bit too much for the outback

As good as the Outback is it’s still a scale crawler rather than pure crawler like the Mauler.

Hopefully these longer mounting posts will fit OK. 

John

9_C4661_D0-_BB98-4_DB2-_BBDA-1_A98_BF9_E

• Like 1

I’ve just taken a closer look at the spacers and realised that they’re pin drive fitting on the inside not hex drive so they won’t fit the stock Mauler. They will work on most RCs so they will come in handy for something else. The RC4WD ones are hex to hex not pin to hex. 

Damm  :ack:

Ok gents I have been out in the garden today with the mauler and absolutely love it!cant believe what it will climb or go over!

anyway thinking of getting another crawler,either trx 4 or axial scx10 but it means having a clear out,is this site any good for selling?if so can you guys give me a rough idea what these are worth?thanks for any help you can give.cheers

Hpi D8S, needs a receiver and handset,only had 5 tanks run through it,very tidy

Traxxas e-revo vxl 1/16 +2 batts,runs well but prob needs diff rebuild as it clicks!tidy condition 

Hpi savage,rolling chassis,does have engine that runs & servos but needs work,

Been out today with the mauler and a mighty thunder. Still all stock at moment, the mauler does a good job climbing almost everything, a nice step up from my ftx outback and a bargain price

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked one up today and will be trying it out this weekend. Got it as ‘the one to try to break’ rather than keep trashing my SCX10 and Outback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 17/11/2017 at 18:48, bieomax said:

Hows the thunder?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

its great, i put a old f150 savage shell onto it and its great, got the ftx diff lock blocks to fit to the rear diff and maybe middle, i love monster trucks and its super value and shares alot of parts with other ftx vehicles so all good, pretty sure its mostly the rear end off the outlaw both front and back

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, designed and printed the Mars Explorer, it clips onto custom made mounts. The Mauler shell has the drivers/interior painted, and a new engine/rear deck printed. I've never used the standard shell just modified it to see if I could make it look any better.

I made an Oskosh last year using the HGP 6x6 (battery on last legs in video), but someone saw it at a tank show and insisted on buying it. I am mostly into RC 1/16 tanks.

• Like 1