• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help baja cut out wont start

richie rich

Well today i was at full throttle then engine cut out and wont fire i pulled the spark plug out and touched it on the head but no spark took it home tried it in the garage in the dark i could just see a small spark is this normal ? Also ive trying to get it to fire for ages and noticed it has unburnt fuel in head aswell. The carb has had issues in the sense that when u pull back to out brakes on tick over drops and it cuts out ao turn tick over up bit when u have brakes off its to fast , ive set the linkages to hpi manual aswell but i dont think this is causing it not to fire[emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

u gapped it with a business card?:yes:?u got a klll switch fitted?try discounting that and try to start it....:yes:..I had running probs on my baj and it was dodgy kill switch wiring....:rolleyes:
Yeah used a business card and disconnected the kill switch it has spark still not firing [emoji849]

Check all the head bolts, carb bolts, exhaust bolts are tight, disconnect the kill switch completely, check the coil wires are undamaged including the plug cap and remove the throttle linkage.

Check the carb settings are somewhere near the factory settings, turn up the idle and try again.

2 or 3 pulls with choke on then choke off to start it.

If u flood it, remove plug, turn upside down and pull pullstart a few times.

Shine a torch into cylinder to look for damage ?

You can put a drop of petrol in cylinder, replace plug and try too, if it starts then it may point at the carb, are the petrol lines on the correct way ?

Cheers

Dave

Edited by dalex

Check all the head bolts, carb bolts, exhaust bolts are tight, disconnect the kill switch completely and the throttle linkage.
Check the carb settings are somewhere near the factory settings, turn up the idle and try again.
2 or 3 pulls with choke on then choke off to start it.
If u flood it, remove plug, turn upside down and pull pullstart a few times.
Shine a torch into cylinder to look for damage ?
You can put a drop of petrol in cylinder, replace plug and try too, if it starts then it may point at the carb, are the petrol lines on the correct way ?
Cheers
Dave
Wow thanks Dave [emoji106]I will try that yeah I haven't touched the fuel lines at all it was runing but it just cut out all of sudden

Well some things have happened over last few days firstly new no spark plug and coil also tiped upside down and fuel came driping out I presume from not firing so I left it couple of days with spark plug off to dry out put spark plug back In won't turn over seized [emoji849]it was turning over fine 2 days again surely removing spark plug wouldn't of cause that so put couple of drops of fuel down the head and left it 15 mins then it turned over but still won't fire at all really geting me down all bolts are tight head carb etc really hope my engine hasn't gone

Well some things have happened over last few days firstly new spark plug and coil also tipped upside down and fuel came driping out I presume from not firing so I left it couple of days with spark plug off to dry out put spark plug back In won't turn over seized [emoji849]it was turning over fine 2 days again surely removing spark plug wouldn't of cause that so put couple of drops of fuel down the head and left it 15 mins then it turned over but still won't fire at all really geting me down all bolts are tight head carb etc really hope my engine hasn't gone

Strange that for nearly new engine, I would drop engine out, remove plug, remove pull start and see if engine is still tight, if it is remove clutch and try again, if its still tight then its internal to the engine, time to strip down and look for damage,carb or exhaust off lets u see the piston skirt, new gaskets will be need to rebuild too.

If its that new maybe ask about warranty too

Cheers

Dave

Strange that for nearly new engine, I would drop engine out, remove plug, remove pull start and see if engine is still tight, if it is remove clutch and try again, if its still tight then its internal to the engine, time to strip down and look for damage,carb or exhaust off lets u see the piston skirt, new gaskets will be need to rebuild too.
If its that new maybe ask about warranty too
Cheers
Dave

Hi it's newly built by me lol I've had pull start off that was fine it was ok once I put few drops of fuel down head but still won't fire gonna take head off now and see if the ring has any damage I will post pics up