• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage Diffs

Hi, would a front end gearbox diff go onto the rear end on FTX vantage (brushless), are they the same if you turn them around? I have a spare front gearbox diff but my rear one has collapsed.

Thanks

10 minutes ago, RoadRunner10 said:

Hi, would a front end gearbox diff go onto the rear end on FTX vantage (brushless), are they the same if you turn them around? I have a spare front gearbox diff but my rear one has collapsed.

Thanks

I am not certian with that model, but almost all rc cars use the same front and rear diffs, just make sure you have it the correct way round, otherwise the front wheels will go forwards and the rear wheels backwards, which is not what you want.

• Like 1

Just now, RoadRunner10 said:

THanks. and no i dont want that or would split car in half lol

You might as well try by taking out the rear diff, and put the fron one in that same way the rear one is in. Then try rotating the spur gear and check they both go the same way (Front and rear wheels). Assuming they go the same way and it all fits, it will be fine.

• 2 years later...
On 24/01/2020 at 08:36, Ian(i cant drift it yet) said:

They only go in one way lol

no you can put it in the both ways, it affects on wheel spin direction.

If you go on sensored BL setup which doesnt have programable option for rotation direction, you will probably have to turn around the diffs.

For the OP, yes they are identical, also the diff housings are identical front/rear, but as said, check the orientation before reassembling... Once when i was in a rush and was not paying attention i made the same misstake...then when we went bashing without trying it out at home, we all had a loud laugh when the truck was just sitting there under full power, spinning the tyres like mad (good for a 4wd burnout but not for driving haha)