• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Poss ESC monster issue..help please.

I bought a second hand vorza with seller saying esc doesnt work, It came with a Tunigy 6s lipo 5000mah battery which he said works fine. I got home and thought id just try connecting it up and see if it works and I heared the beeps you get and it fired up and worked all fine for about 60secs then totally stopped. At this point I didnt know if it was the battery as had no charge lead with xt90 connector so when I got one I plugged it into charger and took only 20 mins to say fully charged..mmmm. 

Seems battery is ok then. Is there a way of testing the esc, I have a castle link usb connector, would updating the software to esc make any difference or can I do anything with the castle link software to my laptop to test the ESC?

Thanks to all that reply.

Edited by RoadRunner10

Holding full throttle on your transmitter, turn the switch ON.
A. After a few seconds you’ll hear multiple tones and the red LED will come on.
B. Now hold full brake and after a few seconds you’ll hear multiple tones and the yellow LED
will come on.
C. Now relax to neutral and after a few seconds you’ll hear multiple tones and ALL the LEDs
will light up.
D. A few seconds later the ESC will arm with a double tone 

https://dzf8vqv24eqhg.cloudfront.net/userfiles/4671/6540/ckfinder/files/Product Manuals/Surface/Mamba-Monster2-QSG.pdf?dc=201606201008-169

Also read...http://support.castlecreations.com/mamba-monster-2-faq

Edited by locky

Great thanks for that ill try this tonight if the esc powers up. If it doesnt then looks like esc goosed. :-( but it did fire up for a bit when I got it home like i mentioned.

Does it beep to what battery your using, say using a 3s should get 3 beeps 4s 4 beeps etc.. is that how it works?

Well I tried firing it up and theres plenty in the battery but the esc wont power up at all now. I could connect to it using castle usb link and updated firmware etc but I think its dead! :-(

Is it the waterproof version? If not then maybe able to take it apart and inspect for anything obvious, does it have a strange smell to indicate overloading, are the capacitors looking ok?

Best bet is to get a Hobbywing esx, probably 150A.