• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Matlock/Chesterfield/Alfreton Bashing Spots

granty

Does anyone know any good bashing spots around the above areas? Even if it's further into the Peak District?

Got moved on from my usual spot in Darley Dale today and was gutted to find my backup plan which was an old quarry has also been closed.

Gaz might know i think hes derby Matlock ways and a group possibly. Once im driving ill be looking to attend something too. I live in the jcb village rocester i think peak district is not far north. 

What do you run mate?

loads of crawling/trailing spots close by, Clumber park is another spot for anything with wheels, no boats or airborne allowed though.

I fully intend to do more this year..... starting up the business and family stuff meant last year was a bust but itching to get the bashers out.  I've run at Alfreton Park a few times, Markeaton loads and similar places but they tend to be a bit flat / tame.  

What do you run mate?

loads of crawling/trailing spots close by, Clumber park is another spot for anything with wheels, no boats or airborne allowed though.

Thanks. Either a wr8 or a mt4 G3. Need jumps :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fully intend to do more this year..... starting up the business and family stuff meant last year was a bust but itching to get the bashers out.  I've run at Alfreton Park a few times, Markeaton loads and similar places but they tend to be a bit flat / tame.  

I drive by alfreton park weekly. Anything decent there? Looking for jumps.

9 hours ago, granty said:

I drive by alfreton park weekly. Anything decent there? Looking for jumps.

Not really - there's the odd bit but nothing that exciting.

Hi there all i live in this sort of area am in somercotes near alfreton am just coming back to rc ive just get a 1/8 ecx revenge tape e and looking for places to go weres best to go peeps.

thanks craig

14 minutes ago, craig105 said:

Hi there all i live in this sort of area am in somercotes near alfreton am just coming back to rc ive just get a 1/8 ecx revenge tape e and looking for places to go weres best to go peeps.

thanks craig

Your all of a couple miles from me then.  Failing anywhere planned you can always take it to NDOR, for a run round their track, so long as it's not a race day.  There's a cost, and I think you need BRCA insurance, but it's a good alternative to running round a field on your todd if no one else is out and about.

I'm racing micro's this weekend, and prob the next but will hopefully be out somepoint during half term so long as it's not torrential.

• Like 1

thanks craig

I used to live in Pinxton and would often go to the rugby club in Somercotes. Check there out.

• 11 months later...
10 minutes ago, granty said:

Anyone find any good spots since this post?

Done a chunk of walking this year so far and found some lovely trail spots in the Peaks - though guess you know more about that than me already!  Forward planning for a run out on the 27th if your interested and we can find somewhere suitable - I don't mind a bit if travel.  i have hear about a disused quarry near shirebrook / langwith.  Got a mate whose into crawling now that's up for a trip too.

I know the Peak like the back of my hand but not sure I’d want to bash at most spots as I’d feel the eyes burning at me (and to be fair I think if it was somewhere busy I wouldn’t like to see it myself).

I always look for man made places so like quarries etc of which we have a few.

There is an awesome place in Darley Dale (see below) next to Enthovens but I got kicked off before because it’s private land that is “contaminated” with a 2 foot fence to stop people! You can tell it’s clearly used by MTBs and BMX etc.

a9cb1ec792a61ad4ef119c72b2faadf3.jpg

1 minute ago, granty said:

I know the Peak like the back of my hand but not sure I’d want to bash at most spots as I’d feel the eyes burning at me (and to be fair I think if it was somewhere busy I wouldn’t like to see it myself).

I always look for man made places so like quarries etc of which we have a few.

There is an awesome place in Darley Dale (see below) next to Enthovens but I got kicked off before because it’s private land that is “contaminated” with a 2 foot fence to stop people! You can tell it’s clearly used by MTBs and BMX etc.

a9cb1ec792a61ad4ef119c72b2faadf3.jpg

I had a cheeky peak at your website - good to see another Sony shooter -  trying to get to grips with my new aps-c body has helped push RC onto the back burner a bit though I like to combine the two.

That does look a good spot - shame you got booted.  Assuming your self employed then week days aren't always an issue?  I'm in education so half term coming up means i'll have a couple spare days (rest of week will be doing work thing / family time).  28/29th are looking free atm.

Ah did you! I thought you had assumed I knew the Peak just cos I lived here [emoji23] thanks for taking a look. Which Sony do you have?

I have too many things I like doing. So photography is now my job but it still takes up a lot of personal time. I also like to mountain bike! So I am forever trying to juggle stuff. Winter is never good either with short days etc.

I went there on a weekday and got booted, think it’s probably more likely to have lots of staff on at the recycling place. I reckon evenings and weekends are better with less staff around (didn’t have a problem before).

I’ll keep them dates in mind :) there used to be loads of places to bash round here but they’ve closed loads of the quarries off. middle peak quarry looks interesting...it has a public footpath through it so it’ll never be closed!

Don’t forget chaps, it’s the G6 recon scale nationals this coming weekend :good:

just outside of whatstandwell. Excellent place to crawl, plus food, rcbitz shop and a load of men playing with each other in the woods.

whats not to like?? :rofl:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, big gaz said:

Don’t forget chaps, it’s the G6 recon scale nationals this coming weekend :good:

just outside of whatstandwell. Excellent place to crawl, plus food, rcbitz shop and a load of men playing with each other in the woods.

whats not to like?? :rofl:

hahaha - what's the event like for spectators Gaz?  Ten mins from my house.

On 5/19/2018 at 11:22, granty said:

Ah did you! I thought you had assumed I knew the Peak just cos I lived here emoji23.png thanks for taking a look. Which Sony do you have?

I have too many things I like doing. So photography is now my job but it still takes up a lot of personal time. I also like to mountain bike! So I am forever trying to juggle stuff. Winter is never good either with short days etc.

I went there on a weekday and got booted, think it’s probably more likely to have lots of staff on at the recycling place. I reckon evenings and weekends are better with less staff around (didn’t have a problem before).

I’ll keep them dates in mind :) there used to be loads of places to bash round here but they’ve closed loads of the quarries off. middle peak quarry looks interesting...it has a public footpath through it so it’ll never be closed!

A mount, for now at least.  Upgraded from the original A100, which has served me very well, to the a68 last summer.  no real option - 77ii was almost three times the price so no contest, and the 99ii double again.  I've a couple of nice a mount glass which is why I wanted to stay - though one of them (Tamron 28-105 2.8) has a slow aperture release spring - been like it since new.  I couldn't get the best out the a100 either, and still use it as a back up, tbh some of my best captures ever we're on an early bridge Fuji circa 2000.  Even though i've only shot digital I only moved from sooc to captureOne this year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2018 at 12:24, capri-boy said:

A mount, for now at least.  Upgraded from the original A100, which has served me very well, to the a68 last summer.  no real option - 77ii was almost three times the price so no contest, and the 99ii double again.  I've a couple of nice a mount glass which is why I wanted to stay - though one of them (Tamron 28-105 2.8) has a slow aperture release spring - been like it since new.  I couldn't get the best out the a100 either, and still use it as a back up, tbh some of my best captures ever we're on an early bridge Fuji circa 2000.  Even though i've only shot digital I only moved from sooc to captureOne this year.

Sorry for the delay in replying! I've been away for a week on a mountain leader course and spent the last couple of days catching up.

How did the meets go?

I started off on the a200 and slowly worked through the systems :)