• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Will a Spektrum DX3s work with a 6 channel DSM2 receiver?

RingoNotts

Hi all,

I am thinking of getting a DX3s as i am fed up with having loads of controllers for my cars and boats.

Currently, for my boat projects, i am using my T-Six orange receive transmitter. However, my kids can't get on with it so i would like to change to a trigger system.

I currently have a few spare spektrum 6 channel receivers (DSM2) from my planes - can these be bound with a DX3s? Clearly i would only have 3 channels...

Anyone tried it?

Thanks in advance,

Ringo

Apparently the older dx3s are only dsm but some of the newer ones will bind to the dsm2 rx and run at dsm speeds.

So yes if they bind then all good really :D 

• Like 1

Your chances of success are really slim I'm afraid. Not only are there the DSM versions to consider, but you also have Spektrum's use of different and mutually incompatible software protocols for their surface and aircraft radios to contend with. By all means give it a try - you are not going to damage anything by attempting to bind them - but I'd be very surprised indeed if it works.

Edited by XV Pilot

20 minutes ago, XV Pilot said:

Your chances of success are really slim I'm afraid. Not only are their the DSM versions to consider, but you also have Spektrum's use of different and mutually incompatible software protocols for their surface and aircraft radios to contend with. By all means give it a try - you are not going to damage anything by attempting to bind them - but I'd be very surprised indeed if it works.

Thanks for the headsup. In that case, if i can't re-use the receivers then i don't need to commit to a spektrum brand. I'll have a look for a cheap multi model transmitter...

Thanks,

Ringo