• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Desert Buggy XL-E

Madmini

Well that didn't last long it just went up :( 

£924.99 :( ouch ! 

https://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/Land-Sea/New-Releases/LOSI-DBXL-E-4WD-Desert-Buggy-1-5-RTR-black-.htm?SessionId=&a=article&ProdNr=094LOS05012T1&p=43557

Edited by mydoddy69

1 hour ago, mond said:

How much did you spend on your xmaxx and the collection of magic exploding diffs? Still not bad value, not the best either.

Not £924.99 no where near either ! 

Hopefully MS will have a better price I'm kicking myself for not ordering yesterday now TBH 

If Dollar Hobbyz breaks them a conversion won't cost to much, the chassis will be dirt cheap (i paid $10 for a new one) and all you need after that is the new chassis tray that goes over the original, the centre drive line, centre diff and electrics. A used DBXL can be picked up for a few hundred now. May be worth considering.

Looks a little nose heavy in this vid but it's a prototype of the final version so may have been tweaked so more before release ? 

i was thinking of moving the esc to the other side in front of the motor but if you want to run mechanical brakes that's not an option by the looks. 

So question is, is there a huge gain to running mechanical brakes ? 

3 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Looks a little nose heavy in this vid but it's a prototype of the final version so may have been tweaked so more before release ? 

i was thinking of moving the esc to the other side in front of the motor but if you want to run mechanical brakes that's not an option by the looks. 

So question is, is there a huge gain to running mechanical brakes ? 

It's not nose heavy. The back is bottoming out as it hits the base of a jump causing it to nose down. This is fixed by getting DDM springs and much thicker oil or springs, drilling holes in the pistons and using standard shock oil. It's a DBXL quirk that probably should have been fixed out of the box by now.  

• Like 2

Shocks are a new design, not like the Dibby's. As Mond notes, only Shocks and oil away from being sorted.

Mech brakes take strain off both motor and ESC.....and is for girls who cannot drive big toys. :P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bombercountynick said:

Hopefully bring a 5ive T e out after this! Never had a go with a 5th brushless but looks so much fun!!

Unlikely Nick, requires very high end kit for reliability and the cost is prohibitive.

IF my rally conversion runs OK,  welcome to have a go, though 8s just isn't really sufficient, 10s is where it's at IMO 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Noj said:

Shocks are a new design, not like the Dibby's. As Mond notes, only Shocks and oil away from being sorted.

Mech brakes take strain off both motor and ESC.....and is for girls who cannot drive big toys. :P

I didn't check the part number in the manual but they look the same, just raw aluminium and not anodised.