• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Micro RS4 - Advice needed

everclear1984

I was recently made an offer on an MRS4 that I couldn't refuse. It's in need of some front CVD's, drive cups and a body, other than that it's good to go. Exotek CVD's have been ordered along with some stock drive cups, the body will have to wait while I decide what I want to do with it.

My first question is, can anyone recommend a decent size 2s lipo that will fit it? I will also need recommendations on to secure said lipo without fouling the belt.

My next question is is locking the front and rear drivetrain really necessary for drifting? It currently have the touring setup.

Cheers all :)

when i drifted mine, i dodnt bother with a locking diff etc, i just put some drift tyres on it and away it went, i did post a video on my micro rs4 thread (which i need to update) 

you can buy a locking drive set, they arent expensive (one good thing about micros) but how much difference it makes, i honestly dont know, i have mine in grip setup. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HPI-73419-SOLID-DRIVE-SET-MICRO-RS4-MICRO-DRIFT-KEN-BLOCK-/322411751062?hash=item4b113ce696:g:v2oAAOSwOVpXc6~Y

with regards to lipo, im the wrong person to give advice, mines on an exoteck chassis so im limited to 800mah 2s batteries. 

Edited by Daveyb84

Thanks for the info, I actually placed an order for the locked drive set today along with the rest of the parts needed to get it running, just need a shell now.

How long do you get from the 800mah lipo? I've made a battery tray but it's fairly small so something like that might do the trick.

I have a 1300mah 2s for mine but all electrics and on the lower deck with a battery tray on the top deck, no risk of anything rubbing the belt now.

ill get some pics of the setup in mine. :good:

Little update, the bits arrived today to get it up and running! I'm not a fan of the yellow wheels but they were too cheap to pass up after I warped the blue ones trying to remove the grip tyres :( I gave it a little blast around the house and garage and love it :)

IMG_20170207_134508_zps9mjm8brs.jpg

Next up, move the electrics to the lower deck as BG suggested. I also have a more suitable micro servo that I'll be attempting to fit at some point.

Wheel mystery sorted, I was popping the tyres on from the wrong side :lol:

I enjoyed a fun filled 15 minutes drifting today, then the tyre came flying off! Looks like I'll be needing new wheels and tyres then :ack: This little car is getting expensive!

IMG_20170208_131332_zpsl94i2ewu.jpg

IMG_20170208_131340_zps5owaogvc.jpg

The Exotek CVD's arrived today, they were from RC Mart. I didn't check whether they have any standard parts in.

Wheels, drift tyres and a shell ordered from Modelsport, I should be good for another 15 minutes when it arrives :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick clip from the Skatepark today

The little RS4 is running great. At the moment I'm powering it with a 2 cell LIFE pack which feels very underpowered. A 2s lipo will be going in tomorrow, hopefully that'll wake it up a bit.