• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone used the Mtroniks Rock C ESC?

Hardcore

Just looking for some feedback if anyone has tried it. I bought one approx 5 years ago and never used it but thinking of trying it now.
The only thing that's putting me off is it says when i activate "rock crawler mode" which is what it would be on most of the time, top speed in forward and reverse will be reduced. I'm just a bit worried that it will reduce power to my motor as it's already slow enough with how low geared it is.

I've got an AE-2 i'm in the middle of waterproofing and a Hobbywing 1060 sitting there and a couple of BECs but should these fail i'd deffo be going for the 1080. Really good features for the price.

To be fair, i cut off the power switch on the Mtroniks and there's a little object that was attached that i should have left on.
Coupled with a 22t 550 motor getting stalled a few times done it in.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to even the field up a bit  -  I have been using the mtroniks Rock crawler esc in my SCX-10 for years -  and it has outlasted a lot other parts on the car.  I think the reason you killed it is that it is rated for a MINIMUM of 33t motor.  I have mine on a 55t - ok I will never win a drag race, but the Torque is incredible.

you're probably right with the motor limit, it's just i've used motors more powerful than the ESC recommends dozens of times and usually no issues with the right gearing but my luck ran out this time.

It wasn't ideal anyway as my old one reduced the power output to the motor whilst in rock crawling mode and i noticed that when driving slow, if i turned the steering the power dropped off a little but when i put the AE-2 back in it, all perfect again.

Went for a Hobbywing 1080 now and so far it's possibly the best ESC i've ever had

• Like 1