• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dji phantom 3 standard first flight

sean-vrs

Really?

thats interesting, what would your reasons be for going for the P4 Pro?

my main reason for looking at the pro is the sport mode interests me.

I've just seen I've got enough funds to get the P3 standard, but not quite P4 yet.

plus I'd need to sell my P2 first too really.

but aside from wanting to upgrade you like the P3S?

39 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

Really?

thats interesting, what would your reasons be for going for the P4 Pro?

my main reason for looking at the pro is the sport mode interests me.

I've just seen I've got enough funds to get the P3 standard, but not quite P4 yet.

plus I'd need to sell my P2 first too really.

but aside from wanting to upgrade you like the P3S?

I didn't think I would like it as much as I do, it just amazes me so I'm being greedy and I want all the bells and whistles and apparently the the pro 4 camera is very very good with a 1inch sensor, I'm selling a couple of cars to fund this, so if they don't go then I'm  sticking with the 3 for now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigjimknickers said:

Your a bad influence Sean, I'm blaming you to my wife when the bill comes in for the P3S!

sat there last night playing with the Dji Go app, then thought sod it, I'm treating myself!

You wont regret it, just start off in begginer mode and away you go :P

2 hours ago, Bigjimknickers said:

Do you charge the controller switched off or on? Mines on at the moment & on charge?

Ive done both, but if you charge with it turned off when fully charged the light goes out, also the quad battery has clever charging built in and if you leave lt long enough over a few days it does a automatic discharge to storage level

• Like 1

On 11/01/2017 at 06:43, froggy8 said:

@Bigjimknickers you need to put some pictures up mate :D 

I've only just got it working! Been messing about with it every day since I got it, not flown it yet due to weather/ dark, plus the IMU needed calibration which I've only just done today so not too exciting really.

5 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

I've only just got it working! Been messing about with it every day since I got it, not flown it yet due to weather/ dark, plus the IMU needed calibration which I've only just done today so not too exciting really.

yes but you know the rules by now, pictures! :D 

so.....you liking it so far then?

2 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

yes but you know the rules by now, pictures! :D 

so.....you liking it so far then?

I'll be honest...

no

too complicated compared to the P2 with no camera/live feed/wi fi!

The P2 feels more...pure?

maybe I'm too stupid for more complicated gadgets, I mean I don't even know how to transfer videos from the P3S!

17 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

I'm sure I'll love it when I can actually get it out! But yea, it's took me a long time to set it up & I wasn't really sure what I was doing!

so basically its another learning curve then?

youll get there mate, just more to learn.

On 12 January 2017 at 21:38, Bigjimknickers said:

I'm sure I'll love it when I can actually get it out! But yea, it's took me a long time to set it up & I wasn't really sure what I was doing!

On mine I just started the app, and did the 2 spins in the garden and away you go!, to get the video off you take the card out and rip the files, I think you can edit via the app aswell

7 hours ago, Daveyb84 said:

What sort of realistic flight times do you get from this? Are spare batteries expensive? How good are they for a novice who's never flown anything before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you use the app and beginner mode then you shouldnt have an issue, batterys are a £100 ago and you get 15-25mins flight time depending on how you use it.

if you use the app and beginner mode then you shouldnt have an issue, batterys are a £100 ago and you get 15-25mins flight time depending on how you use it.

Thanks for the reply. What sort of range do you get from it? Watching re videos, it looks like they can go for miles

• 3 weeks later...
On 12 February 2017 at 12:51, Bigjimknickers said:

Just took mine out for its first real flight & managed to record some footage!

please bare with me as I'm really new to all this & I'll add a vid to this thread if that's ok Sean?

Come  on Jim let's have a look :@.@: