• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma GT24 Owners

johninderby

While replacing the wires on the motor with proper bullet connectors found out that on the motor mount the front screw that appeared to be non-adjustable is adjustable if you remove the little washer under the screw. The hole through the chassis is slotted same as the rear ones. This means you can get the pinion and spur to mesh properly.when fitting a larger pinion. 

Now just to cut an opening in the top chassis cover of the rally to let the Quicrun and RX to poke through. Now if the ali plate arrives tomorrow I'll be able to make up the new shock mounts.

John

• Like 2

First breakage today! Hardly surprising really as I was attempting back flips from one of the small quarter pipes :D I managed to snap one of the pins off of a rear suspension arm :( It has also developed a bad cogging issue, has anyone else encountered this problem?

It cogs on 2s but the extra power helps it pull through it fairly quickly, still irritating though. As far as upgrades go can you guys recommend a cheap replacement esc? I know John went for the Hobbywing but is there a cheaper, more compact option?

Also, do I wait weeks for a replacement arm or just convert to a buggy? Decisions decisions.

Worth a go or would a 10a esc be no good? I'm new to the world of micro and trying to find anything on the Hobbyking website is a nighmare since they redesigned it!

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingr-tm-brushless-car-esc-10a-w-reverse.html

Edited by everclear1984

1 hour ago, Noj said:

Specs seem fine, although personally, a higher voltage rating would be my preference. Don't mind modding the chassis cover if needs be.

Cheers, I think I'll take a punt. I'll pair it with the servo mydoddy69 posted a page or 2 back and see how it goes.

Next question, does anybody have a truck/truggy rear upper arm they'd part with?

My truggy turned up today. Very impressive even on the stock battery.
It handled uneven ground better than expected but I think I have some grit in the steering mechanism as it will not turn now! I'll open it up later and take a look.
f3b8192dd09fbc9f4650c44d7f7a9f59.jpg

• Like 1

Did a test run on 3s. Ran fine for about a minute then stopped. Motor was turning but no drive. Thought something had broken but when I got it back on the workbench discovered the new brass pinion was the culprit. It was spinning on the motor shaft. It had been an easy push on fit and simply didn't grip well enough for 3s. Put the plastic pinion back on and it was fine. Ran a pack through it and no problems except the slipper needs a bit of adjustment. Camera problems meant the vid was unusable so I'll try again tomorrow. Now to cut the top cover and fit it and make the new shock towers.

John

GT24R-Quicrun-1.jpg

GT24R-Quicrun-2.jpg

Is there a body that fits over that?

Looks 'well packaged', a bit like Arnold might have been 30 years ago - scaled down - if you know what I mean!!

No grubbed pinions you can tighten onto the shaft?

Al.