• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma GT24 Owners

johninderby

Here's the video from today, sorry about the crappy video quality, this camera will be going in the bin after Xmas! 

Does anyone else have a problem with their car pulling one way or the other on hard acceleration or braking? Mine consistently pulls hard left.

• Like 1

Mine does tend to pull one way or the other quite often when taking off from a stop.Can also turn more sharply under heavy breaking than is wanted. Being small and light with a short wheelbase perhaps it's not so surprising.

Have you noticed it always seems to land on it's wheels after a flip?

John

9 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Mine does tend to pull one way or the other quite often when taking off from a stop.Can also turn more sharply under heavy breaking than is wanted. Being small and light with a short wheelbase perhaps it's not so surprising.

Have you noticed it always seems to land on it's wheels after a flip?

John

Maybe I'm just expecting too much from such a small vehicle. It does seem to recover from a tumble rather well.

Are all of the chassis identical? I can see me stripping threads at some point so it might be sensible to keep a spare.

The chassis are all the same except for the suspension arms and dogbones. Fortunately the diff and gear sets etc. are fairly cheap.

I'm hoping the Quicrun ESC will improve things starting off with the rally. Wonder if you could lock the rear diff?

John

Edited by johninderby

28 minutes ago, Noj said:

Dropped the 14t pinny in, motor now sits slightly off square....???

Can't say I noticed that on mine, I'll have a check tomorrow. I meshed it properly but it's still really noisy so maybe I have the same issue.

The way the motor mount is fastened with a fixed front screw and the two rear slotted screws means the mount has to swivel a bit with a bigger pinion so it will be sitting at a slight angle. Designed that way so it must (should?) work.

John

Edited by johninderby

Back to the skatepark today, this little thing has taken some punishment over the last week or so! I've managed to pop one of the arms off of the front knuckle twice but fortunately managed to recover the dogbone both times, no harm done. Today was cut short due to losing a wheel nut :( Does anyone know what size the nuts are? I don't want to replace them with more plastic ones.

20161226_112929_zps8l7jwkef.jpg

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

Carisma-Shop has a lot of the parts in stock listed under Gt24. Unfortunately most of it is in their USA and Asia shops. 

http://www.carisma-shop.com/en/search_result.php?s=Gt24&stock_country_id=3

Pretty well nothing in their EU shop.

John

Cheers, think I'll order up some spare arms and dogbones, hopefully they'll arrive before they're needed.

Ordered some 1.5mm thick aluminium sheet to make the shock tower plates. Turn stock shock towers around so flat suface is facing the right way and then fit the ali plates over them screwed in place top and bottom and put a couple of shock mount holes in the plates. Then the cheap,Losi shocks will give proper ride height.  :)

John

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 2