• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma GT24 Owners

johninderby

12 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Neither does mine. Smooth acceloration on the GT24T on both 1s and 2s.

John

Acceleration is smooth, it's just when I lift and quickly get back on the gas again. I guess the next question is, what could be causing this? Could it be the 2mm bullets fitted to the motor?

Ah, you're back with the original? 

In which case, using the stock TX I assume? That will be the issue, a bit of lag, hence why John doesn't get it as he has upgraded to a Spektrum, iirc....

Spoke to Modelsport today and as it's an unknown fault it's going back to CML for further inspection. Gutted, I've been loving this little car but it's soon going to have spent more time in the postal system than in my possession!

5 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

Spoke to Modelsport today and as it's an unknown fault it's going back to CML for further inspection. Gutted, I've been loving this little car but it's soon going to have spent more time in the postal system than in my possession!

Why did you change back to the stock setup ? 

On 01/10/2017 at 15:35, everclear1984 said:

Today I finished installing the new electronics.
 The servo fits nicely and the ESC sits on top of the battery box held in place with some servo tape

IMG_20170110_140645_zpspis9dscn.jpg

I tried fitting the receiver inside with the rest of the running gear but I can see no way to make it fit

IMG_20170110_141300_zpstrnnylfq.jpg

It's fairly tidy where it sits now and would be ever tidier if I could be bothered to shorten the cables but unfortunately the shell doesn't sit quite right when it's all connected

IMG_20170110_141346_zps37hwcmez.jpg

performance wise it runs brilliantly once it gets going. I'm using a Radiolink RC4G and throttle control on 2s is hugely improved. However, it stutters from a standstill and reverse can be temperamental. I'm sure these things could be sorted with a programme card but there are non available in the UK.

For the time being I'll be going back to stock running gear, I tried and failed but I definitely think it has potential.

This ^

Oops missed that sorry 

Just a thought but wouldn't this be easier to fit than a seperate esc and receiver ?  

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/losi-micro-2.4ghz-conversion-combo/rc-car-products/367566

Only down side is you'd need to run spektrum radio gear ? Looks like it might just bolt right in ? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I sent the car off to be inspected (again) a week ago today and I've just heard back from CML. They say that the problem I described can only be caused by the batteries I'm using dropping in power causing the LVC to momentarily kick in. This sounds like BS to me seeing as it happens from fresh off the charger. Anyway, they're sending the car back to me exactly as it was when I sent it off a week ago, what a waste of time. Expect to see a cheap GT24TR with an "unknown fault" in the sales  section very soon :(

Well I sent the car off to be inspected (again) a week ago today and I've just heard back from CML. They say that the problem I described can only be caused by the batteries I'm using dropping in power causing the LVC to momentarily kick in. This sounds like BS to me seeing as it happens from fresh off the charger. Anyway, they're sending the car back to me exactly as it was when I sent it off a week ago, what a waste of time. Expect to see a cheap GT24TR with an "unknown fault" in the sales  section very soon [emoji20]

What was wrong with it? Sorry, I missed that...

Ringo

Well I sent the car off to be inspected (again) a week ago today and I've just heard back from CML. They say that the problem I described can only be caused by the batteries I'm using dropping in power causing the LVC to momentarily kick in. This sounds like BS to me seeing as it happens from fresh off the charger. Anyway, they're sending the car back to me exactly as it was when I sent it off a week ago, what a waste of time. Expect to see a cheap GT24TR with an "unknown fault" in the sales  section very soon [emoji20]

What was wrong with it? Sorry, I missed that...

Ringo

@RingoNottsThis is the issue I was having.

On 01/24/2017 at 12:06, everclear1984 said:

Does anyone elses car hesitate like this when accelerating then lifting and getting back on the power again? I've never noticed it before, but it could explain why my truggy tends to nose dive when jumping. I go to give it some throttle to bring the nose up and it wants to flip forward!

Edit: this is on 2S, I'll see whether it does it on 1s later.

4 minutes ago, Noj said:

Unfortunate. Least they could have done was replace it as a good will gesture....

In true forum tradition, I'll give you a fiver for it! :lol:

For a fiver I'll sell you the busted rear wing :)

Ah, perhaps before your time here......

First offer on anything hinted at being sold was a fiver. Clearly refused, offers would then come in at a fiver, plus a growing list of random 'stuff' to sweeten the deal (foreign currency, Xmas jumpers, pre-sucked boiled sweets, etc)

It honestly was far more hilarious than my explanation sounds......:lol:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Noj said:

Ah, perhaps before your time here......

First offer on anything hinted at being sold was a fiver. Clearly refused, offers would then come in at a fiver, plus a growing list of random 'stuff' to sweeten the deal (foreign currency, Xmas jumpers, pre-sucked boiled sweets, etc)

It honestly was far more hilarious than my explanation sounds......:lol:

I knew what you meant, I just chose not to play the game. Now I feel bad :mellow: