• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

mydoddy's Tekno MT410

mydoddy69

Just now, mydoddy69 said:

I've had the xxl2e motor and esc are okay shame the rest is a pile of crap ! Slipper diffs and outdrives are all weak points even on 4s I found parts support isn't great either personally I'd look elsewhere but hey it's your money ;) 

It's not ordered yet, although you're the first to mention those as weak points... Certainly not the impression given in bashing videos and 'build' threads.

Will certainly look out for that though, should I actually take the plunge, which I likely won't anyway.

That's upto you and it's the diff housing that's weak it cracks right at the point of the the centre outdrive which then destroys your ring gear 

hated mine to death so im not really the best person to ask about it's good points lol as I didn't find any ;) 

8 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

That's upto you and it's the diff housing that's weak it cracks right at the point of the the centre outdrive which then destroys your ring gear 

hated mine to death so im not really the best person to ask about it's good points lol as I didn't find any ;) 

I did crack 2 blue alloy diff cases on my Nitro XXL?

6 hours ago, Skinso said:

Doddy what spur did you use with the losi cup? Where did you get it, UK?

I got one of these 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282352522317 

Then ordered one of the HD cups 

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/27079/

If you can't find a cup kit then you'll have to buy them seperate but it's not cheap, I went this route instead of going the Tekno metal spur just because there was a few reports of centre diff wear under heavy load but I haven't tested it for fittment yet, apparently it all fits but needs shimming by about 1mm ? 

I've everything here except the spur, good luck with your order from the states, custom charges  + royal mail handling fee

2 hours ago, Skinso said:

I've everything here except the spur, good luck with your order from the states, custom charges  + royal mail handling fee

You use the Losi spur that's in the kit 45t 

Hopefully it slips under the radar fingers crossed ;) 

edit 

yes you shim the outside;) 

Edited by mydoddy69

7 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

I got one of these 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282352522317 

Then ordered one of the HD cups 

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/27079/

If you can't find a cup kit then you'll have to buy them seperate but it's not cheap, I went this route instead of going the Tekno metal spur just because there was a few reports of centre diff wear under heavy load but I haven't tested it for fittment yet, apparently it all fits but needs shimming by about 1mm ? 

How heavy of a load?  Making me a little nervous and I have not even build mine yet:D

7 hours ago, vettehigh said:

How heavy of a load?  Making me a little nervous and I have not even build mine yet:D

Some of the guys running 6s had issues and there was a couple of reports of 2200kv motors running 4s wearing the cups out. Things wear out that's okay this is just more a preventive step plus you get to run more oil as the cup is bigger so a win win but not really 100% required  

8 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Some of the guys running 6s had issues and there was a couple of reports of 2200kv motors running 4s wearing the cups out. Things wear out that's okay this is just more a preventive step plus you get to run more oil as the cup is bigger so a win win but not really 100% required  

What motor/ESC combo do you recommend? I will be doing light bashing (NO racing)

*This is what I'm thinking - Hobbywing Xerun XR8 Plus Brushless ESC/G2 Motor Combo (2250kV) ($260 with coupon)

(#TT2325) - Tekin 1/8 RX8 Gen2 Brushless ESC/4038 Motor 2250kV ($309)
(#010-0145-01) - Castle Creations 1/8 Mamba Monster X WP ESC/2200kV ($239) waterproof
(#010-0139-00) - Castle Creations 1/8 Sidewinder 8th ESC + 2200kV Motor ($159) waterproof

Hobbywing ($260 with coupon)
38020404    Combo 4268 A    XR8 Plus    Xerun 4268 SD G2 1600kv
38020405    Combo 4268 B    XR8 Plus    Xerun 4268 SD G2 1900kv
38020406    Combo 4268 C    XR8 Plus    Xerun 4268 SD G2 2600kv
38020407    Combo 4272 A    XR8 Plus    Xerun 4274 SD G2 2250kv

Edited by vettehigh

Personally I'd go the 38020405    Combo 4268 B    XR8 Plus    Xerun 4268 SD G2 1900kv as it will give you a few more gearing options, this said that's if you want to run 4s if you wanted to run 6s I'd go much lower kv .. This is the combo I'm looking at replacing my max8 2200kv combo for ;) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/01/2017 at 18:01, mydoddy69 said:

Almost forgot this is my lads one on its shakedown 

Looking at picking up one of these. Stuck between this @ £390 or the ET48.3 @£465.

What would you recommend? Looking for mix of bashing on grass (50%), messing around on pavement (40%) and speed runs (10%). 

The he only thing tempting me to the ET48.3 is the shell is included, and the shock caps are aluminium etc. 

7 minutes ago, Deafty said:

I think its clearly a matter of whether u want a truggy or not.

Think I will watch some more videos haha! The MT410 is very tempting though, looks like a solid MT. Any way to convert the ET48 to a basher/MT or just a matter of bigger wheels and raising the ride height? 

Edited by AT06

Most parts cross over, but critically imo the chassis is different.  I'm sure u could mt the truggy without the chassis change for little coin but it would handle differently!

edit: mt chassis is shorter  (aka buggy chassis)

Edited by Deafty

7 minutes ago, Deafty said:

Most parts cross over, but critically imo the chassis is different.  I'm sure u could mt the truggy without the chassis change for little coin but it would handle differently!

edit: mt chassis is shorter  (aka buggy chassis)

Tempted to go with the ET48 with larger wheels and higher ride height to bash with. Not into racing yet, but that way if I get into it a few changes/new wheels and I have a solid racing truggy.

yip thats a good strategy, note though the eb48sl is the closest too the Mt and has same chassis.

If I were u I'd price up the parts differences from the Mt to the eb48sl and the truggy. Then tell us the cheapest options :P

11 hours ago, AT06 said:

Looking at picking up one of these. Stuck between this @ £390 or the ET48.3 @£465.

What would you recommend? Looking for mix of bashing on grass (50%), messing around on pavement (40%) and speed runs (10%). 

The he only thing tempting me to the ET48.3 is the shell is included, and the shock caps are aluminium etc. 

I'm lucky enough to have both sadly due to ill health I haven't run either yet other than a few quick blasts up and down the road :( 

For me personally I prefer a MT for bashing around but you could quite easily add a set of bigger MT tries to the ET. 

This guy just swapped out the tyres on his ET to monster tyres the results are pretty impressive :) 

12 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

I'm lucky enough to have both sadly due to ill health I haven't run either yet other than a few quick blasts up and down the road :( 

For me personally I prefer a MT for bashing around but you could quite easily add a set of bigger MT tries to the ET. 

This guy just swapped out the tyres on his ET to monster tyres the results are pretty impressive :) 

That does look really impressive. Think they both look solid.

Is the MT410 a bit of a wheelie machine? I prefer a more planted car that can wheelie but not every time I touch the throttle.

Also, do you know if the Mamba Monster ESC would fit, and if the 2650 or 2200 motor would be best?

Thanks for the help.