• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kyosho arc build, help / advice / input wanted !!

Fly In My Soup

Sorry to say but the way you mounted the rear roll bar wont work at all. The bar needs to be fixed to the rear diff mount or some other fixed part of the chassis.

Its the flex of the bar that gives the resistance 

FG Leopard setup..................

DSC01243.jpg

Actually r.mm, they way I have done it is correct.

As per kyosho's original design, both models of arc ( touring and buggy ) used this design.

It's actually extremely sturdy, I got my 6 year old to stand on it!!

815018IMG0116_zpssbzajd5j.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

DSC_7614_zpsuqczng3f.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Two 'orignal' arcs, touring and buggy

The buggy variety fastened the roll bar too the chassis using plastic clips, whereas mine are modified, and are bolted to chassis after drilling/tapping the ALU rods

Edited by Fly In My Soup

this is y I sold about 9-10  odd rc`s I jus wasn't using..:yes:...yeah they looked good on the shelf sitting there but really?wos the point in that....:lol:....so down sized from 23 ....to  8 main ones now....2x petrols....6x 1/8th brushless.....and 4x tamiyas but they don't get used tbh......so I don't really count them...:rolleyes:...and 2x 1/8th lwb tc rollers ......

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

I know that feeling, I managed to get 15 down to 2!

Schuey big6 and this lump 

It's funny, after trading RC for so long I almost over saturated myself in RC so got a bit sick of the sight kinda thing, which killed as ultimately Ive loved RC since a child (thanks Nikko), alas, I now just buy em one or two at a time and can afford to take my time with more if a challenge, something unusual usually takes my fancy.

yeahi  know what u mean:yes:....theres nothing out there atm what I`d really like to own tbh....nothing any of my current rc`s can/will do.....so I`m gonna try the Baja brushless as the dbxl brushless was a let down..:yes:...it needed more then 8s imo to make it come alive......but a baj on 8s is very lively indeed....:yes:...so will proably do that over xmas maybe......

Edited by evssv

50 minutes ago, evssv said:

this is y I sold about 9-10  odd rc`s I jus wasn't using..:yes:...yeah they looked good on the shelf sitting there but really?wos the point in that....:lol:....so down sized from 23 ....to  8 main ones now....2x petrols....6x 1/8th brushless.....and 4x tamiyas but they don't get used tbh......so I don't really count them...:rolleyes:...and 2x 1/8th lwb tc rollers ......

2+6+4+2=denial :P

Lmao, it's hard letting go of them eh mate

So seeing as the alloy tank is still a week away, and will need a custom mount making anyway, I decided to hook up the original fuel tank.

I used my twin clunk, and found some high pressure anti crush braided fuel line with an I.diameter of 3.4mm

Works an absolute treat, comes as a metre length with two stop capos, and two good quality ABA clamps, all for 4.99 ( halfords )

P.s also made a mesh gaurd for the Lower pull start area, after seeing essvs mesh mod, I didn't fancy aralditing it on, so mines basically cylindrical mesh, bolted to engine with a carbon brace.

IMG_20161115_200436_zpsntqq7zw5.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

IMG_20161115_200950_zpsr3w3qin8.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Edited by Fly In My Soup