• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hong nor truggy

looking at buying a Hong Nor truggy but plan is to convert it to brushless but the one i have seen i dont know which model it is. so if anyone could enlighten me id be greatful.

cheers

s-l500.jpg

2 minutes ago, groome1 said:

looking at buying a Hong Nor truggy but plan is to convert it to brushless but the one i have seen i dont know which model it is. so if anyone could enlighten me id be greatful.

cheers

s-l500.jpg

Got any pics without the body on? Looks to be like a X1 CRT. I used to have one myself and they're beasts of a car. Over engineered everywhere :) Although be warned, parts are there available to buy although they're not cheap and they're not getting any lower :)

1 hour ago, groome1 said:

Yeah it's defiantly a X1 CRT, seems quite expensive considering I paid £20 for a PRO not to long ago. Although It didn't have an engine which didn't matter as it was destine for 8S lipo 

1 minute ago, HellaFlush said:

im after leccy not a nitro fan. thats a bit more than i got atm but good price for what it is. 

2 minutes ago, evssv said:

yeah 200 quid....:o

i think i paid £70 for my last muggy roller, and spent about £400 going brushless (dont tell the wife) but damn that was fun and it shifted some. sold it to another member on here wonder if its still going? 

The one you was watching on the bay at £85 has surfaced this morning (from a different seller) on a facebook group for £125.  eBay listing was ended early as lost/broken so must have been sold outside of the bay.  

Fwiw I think that was cheap, considering it was artr.  Hella's £20 bargain does not set the value of the market.  My X1 CRT conversion has been my goto RC all year - admittedly I don't abuse it like I do some but it's been rock solid, never letting me down.  I think the only failure it's had this year wa a wheel hex pin and when replacing it turns out it was a trackside modded one I fitted months before that went.  

If you can the X2 CRT makes an easier conversion, as the X1's (all but the last ones produced afaik) had buggy ration diff's, hence the huge 60 odd tooth spur on the nitro, which, whilst potentially making them very wuick, puts a lot of strain on the motor.