• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi5/hpi flux idea

sean-vrs

I've recently been doing my homework on a electric trials bike for minime and it got me thinking, the bikes come with variable power/punch and speed controls all from a 200a esc, the motor will take upto 48volts and have been clocked at 36mph with a 80kg man onboard, the size looks right to fit, would this work in a losi or would the torque kill the drivetrain, I'm just think out loud so opinions please

http://osetbikes.com/gb/parts/motors/

4 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

I've recently been doing my homework on a electric trials bike for minime and it got me thinking, the bikes come with variable power/punch and speed controls all from a 200a esc, the motor will take upto 48volts and have been clocked at 36mph with a 80kg man onboard, the size looks right to fit, would this work in a losi or would the torque kill the drivetrain, I'm just think out loud so opinions please

http://osetbikes.com/gb/parts/motors/

36mph ride on 5T... :ph34r: 

36mph with an 80kg load, should easily see 50mph in a 5ive platform... It should be possible.

I was actually checking out some mx bikes a few weeks ago, and they had the new KTM electric bikes in there, we got to talking about how fast some electric RCs are and stuff and he said someone had been working on putting one of those into a radio control vehicle or another.

Unfortunately, that's all the information I got about it.

Having said that, if you're looking at that kind of money, then surely the MGM route would be more viable?

Perhaps that's why it's not a common conversion?

thing is, using a controller like that involves using manual brake switches to cut the power to the motor, different types of wiring for throttle control etc. My 1600w Evo powerboard only uses a 100a controller with a brushless motor and propels me to 30 mph and I'm nearly 16 stone. The motor is huge too to deliver the power needed.