• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

lipo balancer/discharger

Kelst

Hi Guys the charger I've gone a bought (etronix power pal peak plus) is capable of balance charging lipo's but has no display. So I'm guess to make good my school boy error of not knowing enough about lipo charging, care, storage etc before I bought one is to go and buy a balancer that does have a read out. What's the best dedicated balance/discharger to buy?

The charger also does not have a storage charge function so...... Is it best to charge then stop, check the voltage of the battery with my dvm then reconnect and carry on charging if not 60-70% or.... To charge, balance check then actually use the battery to take the voltage down?

Also do you guys use a lipo bag when charge a lipo?

I dont use a Lipo bag... prob should though.

I have one of these : https://www.hertsrcmodels.co.uk/product/Etronix_ET02008_PowerPal_80w_ACDC_Charger_id45857

Not sure how i rate it... this one is fine but I had one go bang on me, the screen displayed all garbled up characters and it took out the electrics in the house!

After that I had a different one, that stopped working so this is my 3rd in 10 months.

Seems fine but i guess, they are made in china with not much testing done so find a good one and you should be fine.

Does all storage / charge / discharge / cycle / balance, and has an external balance board which makes it easier.

Kev.

Thanks for the info a Kev. Tbh I'm not thinking about getting a new charger but rather a seperate balancer/discharger as the one i have and have now used can't take back.

The charger I have does balance charge lipo's (so it claims) but as it no read out I've no idea if they truly balanced.