• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Syma Chopper fault finding

I was given a Syma Apache 3H from a friend who had it for five years. He hasn't used it at all, so I have bought another Lipo (7.4V 1200mha). Although it runs extremely well when in the air, the issue the chopper has is that the signal/throttle cuts out for a split second every now and then. It'll drop out of the air like a rock obviously and this could end up breaking the thing.

What could I do to fault find here? Is this a common problem with these Syma's?

Thanks

48 minutes ago, Mr Mike said:

I was given a Syma Apache 3H from a friend who had it for five years. He hasn't used it at all, so I have bought another Lipo (7.4V 1200mha). Although it runs extremely well when in the air, the issue the chopper has is that the signal/throttle cuts out for a split second every now and then. It'll drop out of the air like a rock obviously and this could end up breaking the thing.

What could I do to fault find here? Is this a common problem with these Syma's?

Thanks

is it going into safe mode  or loosing signal.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turok007 said:

is it going into safe mode  or loosing signal.    

Upon opening the handset, it appears someone has driven the aerial in too hard, this has almost snapped the solder joints.

I will need to repair it. Could i just drop some more solder on the existing stuff? Apologies, i'm not the expert here but i have the tools.

Thanks

Just now, Mr Mike said:

Upon opening the handset, it appears someone has driven the aerial in too hard, this has almost snapped the solder joints.

I will need to repair it. Could i just drop some more solder on the existing stuff? Apologies, i'm not the expert here but i have the tools.

Thanks

if it joins up the 2 parts then you should be fine.

• Like 1

On 09/09/2016 at 20:36, turok007 said:

if it joins up the 2 parts then you should be fine.

Bugger. Turns out it's not that, or at least i think it's not that connection. It might have been a bit loose but now i've made a decent fix on there, the chopper still looses signal.

The aerial is wrapped around one wheel, is this how it should be? I did wonder if that was causing some issues but it might be a daft question.

It's a shame because when it is running it works well.

I took the chopper out on Sunday, it hardly worked at all this time. The aerial was along the body of the chopper this time.

I think something might be really wrong with the radio signal connection. Either that or poor battery health? But I did charge it from new with a trickle charger that came with the Heli.