• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Recommendations for Land Rover body on an axail scx

horses45

As the title says what's the best body Land Rover that will fit on the axail SCX ?, I know everyone has different opinions, but I'm fancying doing a 110 and a 90 so just asking which ones will fit as I'm sure someone can point me in the right direction so thanks in advance for your help and replys.

Edited by horses45
Wrong spelling

17 minutes ago, horses45 said:

As the title says what's the best body Land Rover that will fit on the axail SCX ?, I know everyone has different opinions, but I'm fancying doing a 110 and a 90 so just asking which ones will fit as I'm sure someone can point me in the right direction so thanks in advance for your help and replys.

Technically speaking, none of them actually fit.

In order to fit one, regardless of length, you need body mounts/rock sliders and you'll need to alter the wheelbase, shorter for a D90 and longer for a D110.

But it's really not too difficult, it depends how scale you want it to be.

When you add into account the cost of some nice rock sliders, front and rear bumpers, scale wheels and tyres, chopping the interior up to fit the centre mounted tranny, IMO it makes a lot more sense to just buy a Gelande II D90 or D110.

But it depends how well you want it to handle too, an SCX10 will outcrawl a Gelande II, although the Gelande II is definitely a capable truck, having owned one and run one alongside an SCX10... But the SCX10 does tend to become a little bit top heavy when you add a D90 body, so if you want all out performance, than a lexan body would be the way to go.

Hope that helps.

Thank OHO I'm not sure what road to take do I buy the gelande 2 or stick with the SCX as they are just going to be crawled around the garden on the course I'm building.delemma is I have an honcho kit not even opened ready to build with the extra add on's like bearings shocks the like already bought or do I just go get the gelande and build that ?. So many projects and less time ?