• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Revo 3.3 or hpi truggy

Kaboosie

Hope you get along OK with the ST. Without a doubt it has been my favourite car over the years. I have ran it in nitro and brushless format. Parts are easy to come by on eBay and it is a tough truggy.

When you are building it - just be aware that the front and rear CVD's are different lengths by a few MM. The slightly longer ones go in the back. If you put them in the wrong way around your front arms wont sit properly and the rear CVD's will keep jumping out of the drive cup on the rear diff.

You can buy the Hyper 7 battery box on eBay and just do the necessary mods. Also, just be aware that the ST uses strange wheels that use a 1/2 inch offset, so be careful if you want to upgrade / change them for some bling ones. You could do a conversion on the hubs with extenders though which means you will have more options. I did a build thread on here years ago but unfortunately only the first part remains in tact. The other 2 parts have all but disappeared except for the first paragraph :( Perhaps it was a technical issue when they changed the forum software or something.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If the wheels are half inch offset won't the proline desperado half inch offset work. Good luck with the build. 

research turnigy trackstar servos hobbyking sell them but Google for reviews and opinions on them. Very nice some are full alloy red. Cheap too. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

image_zpsu5msjtdj.jpeg

Getting there slowly. Had a couple of issues. Instructions in the boxes where different, looked like a older model, had to download right ones. Some of the sections not very clear. Had to trial fit some parts before tightening up screws and some parts I'd fitted I had to remove and refit because they were the wrong way around. Other than that build going okay.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...