• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What's needed for hydro dipping?

RCbutcher

I've watched afew videos on hydro dipping and it looks so simple, 10x easier than painting for sure. 

Or if you have the chemical bath you can just spray paint the solution swirl it or camo effect it whatever and dip.  Finish with clear coat. 

I saw a guy do this to his guns and they looked ace at the end.  

BUT. If it was this easy everybody would be doing it, if anyone here does do it pm me or something I would like blue carbon effect on my baja plastics. Mayb blue fire on afew things. 

Oh once it's done how durable is it? 

1 hour ago, RCbutcher said:

I've watched afew videos on hydro dipping and it looks so simple, 10x easier than painting for sure. 

Or if you have the chemical bath you can just spray paint the solution swirl it or camo effect it whatever and dip.  Finish with clear coat. 

I saw a guy do this to his guns and they looked ace at the end.  

BUT. If it was this easy everybody would be doing it, if anyone here does do it pm me or something I would like blue carbon effect on my baja plastics. Mayb blue fire on afew things. 

Oh once it's done how durable is it? 

I was looking into this for my rocker cover a while back. Came across some sites selling kits. Pretty much all you need to dip what ever you want. 

http://www.dip-it.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=80 I was going to buy this one. Comes with 90% of the things you need (Sand paper etc you will need) 

They do a professional kit too with all the extra stuff in it for an extra £50. Just have to learn how to do all the prep and all :)

Only thing I don't like about carbon effect dipping is the weave goes all wavy and out of shape as you can see on the above spoiler towards the edge. However, some of the camo/skull effects are amazing. Well worth getting into, I'm sure you could make a second income from it too. 

Edited by Guns