• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Toro x8 2250 motor

jim46

Hi all, as mentioned in earlier post my toro x8 gets a bit hot after around 15 mins, checked with temp gun, getting around 75c, runnin 17t pinion stock set up, ive just checked to see if i can ajust the timing of the motor via the hobbywing program box, its the sc8 120amp esc, it says its set at level 1 on timing which according to set up manual is set at 0.00 timing, is that correct ? On program manual it says default should be at 15.00 timing, just not sure here, ive now set it at level 4 which should be 11.75 on timing in the hope i get motor to give a bit more torque and less top end

Yes i think this may have happened when set it from new, now ive got program card which is much more easy to use, so if i set motor timing at 11.75which is level four, would this be a good setting to get temp down a bit

0 timing should bring your temps down, more timing you put, more heat is generated. Try knocking your pinion down by 2 teeth then try again. Any new motor I get, I start the esc at its minimal timing and medium punch level to see where I go from there really. Every motor has its own sweet spot by way of gearing and esc setup. Ive had a 2650kv motor which could take tall gearing and go like stink on 6s (apparently 4s limit) and only run at 40-50 degrees but that's why I like Leopard motors.

Edited by NuttyProfessor