• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Forgive me I'm new

Nikonite

Hi,  I am a totally new nitro owner and just  bought two hsp 1/8 monster trucks. After being stitched up  I have managed to find out what parts I need to fix them so hopefully that's going to be OK. I'm wondering if it's possible to convert one to a car for for use on tarmac? Would it just be a case of changing for smaller wheels? They have some odd kind of star shaped nut on them.  I'd love a nice Subaru shell or the likes if possible too. Sorry if it's a stupid question,  I ask them sometimes :)

Edited by Nikonite

Not really sure a Subaru shell will be possible as a monster truck is far wider in proportion it will look odd. there is nothing stopping you putting road wheels and tyres on it, stiffen and lower the suspension and it'll likely do quite well on road. for me tho, keep one and trade the other for a touring car of some description

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nikonite said:

I think thats probably a good idea, I quite fancy a battery car

Before you go out and buy various cars (although you will probably end up with a fair collection once you start!) its best to decide what you are wanting to do, are you looking to race competitively? Looking to run the car on road or off road? Just for fun? Etc.

If you let us know what sort of things you are after we can help you - I am a newbie as well and this forum has been super helpful!

• Like 1

I'm lucky to have a pretty big garden so just messing in there at the moment. I quite like the idea of building and repairing them.  I love messing about with old stuff like my kyosho,  making parts and patching it up. I'd love to build a scale car at some point,  and maybe join a club. I don't think I'd be interested in racing but you never know. I guess it's a lot of the model maker side that appeals. 

2 minutes ago, Nikonite said:

I'm lucky to have a pretty big garden so just messing in there at the moment. I quite like the idea of building and repairing them.  I love messing about with old stuff like my kyosho,  making parts and patching it up. I'd love to build a scale car at some point,  and maybe join a club. I don't think I'd be interested in racing but you never know. I guess it's a lot of the model maker side that appeals. 

If you are looking for something off road and electric perhaps look at the HPI Firestorm - HPI have loads of upgrade parts, if you enjoy modding things perhaps look to get into ROSSA speed runs :)

• Like 1