• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Scx10 II electronics needed

Going to be preordering the new scx10, I need to get the electrics sorted though first. I'm not wanting to go the lipo route. I need servo, radio gear and motor so pretty much the whole lot! What are people using radio esc receiver wise? I'm not looking to keep the cost to a low! Not sure what servo to get either for around £35 

so what's people suggestions?

Axial 27t motor (if you're running NiMH you'll need to lower turn count to keep it anything above snails pace) HobbyWing 1060 ESC, great ESC for running NiMH or LiPo, fully waterproof (as is the motor if you didn't already know) personally I love my DX4C from Spektrum for electrics, feels great in the hand, batteries last forever in it, so much adjustability with it too, maybe a little over budget though, great choice for a budget servo is the PowerHD 20kg jobby, I think they're hovering around the 22quid area, they've got good power, decent speed, but not waterproof, easy enough to waterproof yourself if you plan to get it very well, most servos will take splashes and odd bits of water, but it's best not to submerge them unless they're waterproofed.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

I've just checked this out and wow axial have pushed the boat out. It's pretty all new I expected a couple changes but it looks like they've listed to their fans. 

The new axles look very good and much smaller could they be bolted to the old scx10. (Feels weird saying old scx10 lol) 

Adjustable wheelbase that's another good one would this allow the land rover conversion without as much trouble? 

It'll be a good buy mate especially if it's inline with old prices. 

With the CVDs as standard, a nicer looking shell (I don't like the Cherokee, but anything looks better than a Dingo) better axle clearance, chassis mounted servo, better tyres than the Dingo.. It's all things that add up to a much nicer chassis.

My main concern would be getting that battery to the rear, it's far too high where it's mounted now and would need some modification to make it fit behind the front wheels... That for me is the only bad thing they've done to it.

Are you ordering one bud? Definitely start a build thread if you do :thumbsup:

Why would you want the battery at the rear bud? Tbh the whole battery mounting thing is way over done imo, front or rear I've not noticed a huge difference. If you get up it you need to get down it! Sometimes rear mounted battery is better 

That's exactly my point mate, I run it as low as possible, which with the servo mounted on the axle on the SCX10, you have to mount it at the rear for the lowest position, unless you mount it crossways or two smaller packs on the side rails... I've always said it makes no difference with the SCX10, even more so if you run a steel front bumper and a winch, coming down stuff it'll just end over end... 50/50 weight distribution works so much smoother and better for me.

Beef tubes in the axles, steel wheels (no weights) and a decent tyre/foam combo... Mine very rarely gets stuck.

Low weight is far more important than front weight, they've mounted the battery at the front, but they've mounted it stupidly high... A decent crossways mount would have been a much better addition.

I loved what Harley did with his actually, he had a front mounted motor and his battery was mounted next to his transfer case... You can't get it much lower than that lol.

Cool, on the page I saw the axles looked metal I'm some shots but then plastic on the truck not sure if it was just the way they done it or if there's alloy option.  

I doubt I'll get one tbh not for awhile when my youngest needs a truck.  Then I might get another v1. 

I prefer the battery at the rear too, ours would do 45° endos with the battery at the front. But most annoying was the rx fettling. I finally swapped it to the rear and much happier. 

I must say tho all the changes are awesome I can see this being their bread and butter truck for the next 8yrs lol. Things like the cage led bar mounting points. Small touches that add up as said. Then the big changes which fans have asked for. Even the diy tow hitch lol. Definitely following their fans taking inspiration. 

In truth though other companies have offered these things for a while now when all Axial was doing was changing the wheelbase and body, maybe tyres as well if you're lucky.

It's long overdue is this update, Axial (having such a good base to work from) SHOULD have had this out 2 years ago.