• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

jato 2.5 vs jato 3.3

hey.. my mates put my 3.3 engine from my revo into the his standard 2.5.... not run it yet but is there much difference between the 2 jatos apart from wheelie bar, engine and bits?

Thx Danny

Yes you are rite its basicaly just the wheels,tyres,wheelie bar and bodyshell.I had a 3.3 on order but have changed it to the 2.5.My mate put his 3.3 in his jato and it was still wheelspinning 100 meteres down the road and has now put his 2.5 back in.To run the 3.3 you are going to need a very big space :P

Thats why i have cancelled my 3.3 and ordered the 2.5.Should be here today i hope.My mates 2.5 struggles enough to find grip and when he put the 3.3 in it it was just spinning all the time.Also the 2.5 in now nearly £100 cheaper than the 3.3 when its finaly avaliable.

• 2 years later...

the 3.3 is better!!! i have one and it is amazing i was blown away with the 2.5 but the 3.3. is something else!!!...although i smashed it up, i fixed it in a couple of hours and the parts were really easy to get hold of so wot is the point of getting a 2.5??? the 3.3. has a better: exhaust, engine, wheels (but u want to change them if u go off-road) and has the wheelie bar to contain the tremendous power that the TRX 3.3 offers. however most people don't realise that the 3.3. also has removable/changable stearing brushes which the 2.5 doesn't. This was what wore out in my friends 2.5, so we all got 3.3's (all of us were amazed how more wild the 3.3's were). the brushes in the 2.5 are just one moulding in the bottom-front bulkhead, which once wore out you might as well replce the car...........so due to the: better looks; impressive upgrades; and just the awsomness of traxxas jato's the 3.3 is superior....

p.s. and to respond to that of the wheel spining, it means your wheels are not sutible, so buy some more grippy ones, (the anaconda's are pretty useless off-road) but pro-lines- dirt hawgs II are excellent on and off-road...thats what i am using and are extreamly impressed...used to use basic dirt hawgs on the 2.5, but like the 3.3 compared to the 2.5, the dirt hawg II's are superior to its first model........i would just like to finish saying that you won't go wrong with any traxxas model realy...espicially any jato, but why have a 2.5 when you could have so much more in the 3.3!!!??

cheers .. :) steve