• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Audi Door Lock Woes

The Hound

Hi all,

Its a long shot, but does anyone know a trick that might help me sort out the passenger door on my 2000 A6 Quattro ?

Its popping with the central locking, but pops down again so I cant open the door.

Tried using the  fob and the button in the car.

Of course I now cant get the door open to take of the trim and replace the unit.

well and truly flummoxed ! 

Surprising it. Obvs. 

I take it you've tried it from the inside? Assuming of course you can get in the drivers side?

Usually when a door locks itself when its unlocked, or its random when it does/doesn't lock

Often related to the Door locking mechanism - Most now electronically done

My punto was a bugger for locking the door when i pulled the outside handle, even though i JUST unlocked it
New 2nd donor door lock unit = Fixed

A c200 Merc did a similar thing, the passenger door would Bounce up and down (lock knob thing)
Randomly ending where ever the hell it likes....

i believe that had a new central locking unit in that door too = fixed

Tbh getting the door apart and having an inspection is the best option if your capable
Just be careful incase you have door airbags...

ziggy

37 minutes ago, The Hound said:

thanks Zig,

trouble is cant get door trim off without opening door.

looks like a hack job and get a new door trim. 

It sounds like the actual mechanism on the N/S/F door is kerplunked....you can isolate the electrics by disconnecting the battery....you can remove the inner door trim without totally ruining it.....awkward, yes, impossible,no.

If it bounces up and down any chance of just timing it right with a bit of assistance. Just spam the open button, as it pops up and down just have them try their luck?

Might be worth a shot before sacrificing parts