• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

another hyper 7 conversion

liamg1285

im starting out on a hyper 7 conversion and need some help on lipo choice.

the combo im gonna be using i think is this 1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331766255592?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and looking at lipos im not to sure what i would need. ive looked at a couple but have no idea what the numbers mean and would like a second opinion.

im looking at either

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__63080__Turnigy_Heavy_Duty_5000mAh_4S_60C_Lipo_Pack_UK_Warehouse_.html

or

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__31931__Turnigy_5000mAh_4S_40C_Lipo_Pack_UK_Warehouse_.html

if any1 has any other suggestions be very grateful

Are people still doing these, the conversion mounts were always the hard bit to source IF you could find stock or wait a age for stock to come in

Edited by flash22

10 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Are people still doing these, the conversion mounts were always the hard bit to source IF you could find stock or wait a age for stock to come in

Yup, it's one of the more popular conversions - helped along by the fact there's lots of cheap chassis out there to start with, it's pretty easy to do with minimal tools and experience (takes me about an hour to do nowadays), the end result is works well and done right almost looks a factory job and there's multiple ways to do the job:

Good - Absima conversion kit - weaker mount, smaller batt tray and no ESC mount.

Better - Hyper SS / VS / Cage-E mount with a losi 8ightE batt tray - easily adjustable mount, 6s sized batt tray and esc mounting point

or

One of mfp (member here) custom mounts with the losi 8ightE batt tray.

2 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

Yup, it's one of the more popular conversions - helped along by the fact there's lots of cheap chassis out there to start with, it's pretty easy to do with minimal tools and experience (takes me about an hour to do nowadays), the end result is works well and done right almost looks a factory job and there's multiple ways to do the job:

Good - Absima conversion kit - weaker mount, smaller batt tray and no ESC mount.

Better - Hyper SS / VS / Cage-E mount with a losi 8ightE batt tray - easily adjustable mount, 6s sized batt tray and esc mounting point

or

One of mfp (member here) custom mounts with the losi 8ightE batt tray.

I did a few - many moons ago and still have my hyper cage just surprised people are still doing them

one I built up in late 2012

004.jpg

im almost finished converting my hyper 7 myself, went with the mfp mount and losi battery tray. Motor i went with the fake castle 2650kv and now just waiting for my hobbywing esc to come then its radio gear and im done! First conversion ive ever done myslef so im pretty proud lol

44 minutes ago, flash22 said:

I did a few - many moons ago and still have my hyper cage just surprised people are still doing them

one I built up in late 2012

004.jpg

Hobao are still selling the H7, in fact they've recently announced another facelift and for a RTR it's very well sorted out of the box.  I've no idea what sales figures might be worldwide for it, but it's continued popularity suggests they must move quite a few.  It's just a shame there's so little 3rd party support for it anymore.

It's the Ford Focus of the RC world for me, and no matter how many 'replacements' Hobao bring to Market (8's, 9's, Star's, SS, VS) it's still going strong.

27 minutes ago, slenderRC said:

im almost finished converting my hyper 7 myself, went with the mfp mount and losi battery tray. Motor i went with the fake castle 2650kv and now just waiting for my hobbywing esc to come then its radio gear and im done! First conversion ive ever done myslef so im pretty proud lol

Good work !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capri-boy said:

Hobao are still selling the H7, in fact they've recently announced another facelift and for a RTR it's very well sorted out of the box.  I've no idea what sales figures might be worldwide for it, but it's continued popularity suggests they must move quite a few.  It's just a shame there's so little 3rd party support for it anymore.

It's the Ford Focus of the RC world for me, and no matter how many 'replacements' Hobao bring to Market (8's, 9's, Star's, SS, VS) it's still going strong.

Good work !

Cheers dude

I cant remember the measurements of the Hobao, but the Hpi trophy flux motor mount (101317) is 22mm between bolt centres, I have one sitting here for a project

Edited by flash22

6 minutes ago, flash22 said:

I cant remember the measurements of the Hobao, but the Hpi trophy flux motor mount (101317) is 22mm between bolt centres, I have one sitting here for a project

Without getting off my backside and measuring I forget the Hyper spacing, though know for certain the trophy mount doesn't fit the H7.