• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

wt cst csp please help

pug=309

Hi all, im away to rebuild my diff's, and going to be trying a setup suggestion from another member, 5000 and 3000 (im assuming this is wt as its for diffs), while looking on ebay most come up in cst and csp, is there a conversion scale available to convert wt into cst?

Thanks

Allan

its not as easy as a simple conversion as companies dont necceserily use a universal standard. Your best off asking him what company he got his oils from

if you want to convert from cps to wt or vise versa use this calculator http://www.offroad-cult.org/Special/cps_wt_umrechnung/cps_wt_convert.php

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pug=309 said:

Hi all, im away to rebuild my diff's, and going to be trying a setup suggestion from another member, 5000 and 3000 (im assuming this is wt as its for diffs), while looking on ebay most come up in cst and csp, is there a conversion scale available to convert wt into cst?

Thanks

Allan

My comments were for cst.

I would however recommend you start with 7k front not 5k.  The other thread was directed at  specific users preferences ;)

When it comes to oils personally I always buy cst or cps rated oils they are incredibly close in thickness for the same rating.  If you use wt ratings you need to know they will always be in different thickness between the manufactures.   It is silly I know. but cps and cst are universal measurements (like cm, km and inches).  Regardless of manufacture cps and cst numbers will always be the same thickness.  Wt is not a universal measurement and as such, will never be the same between manufactures.

Also note:  Online conversion calculators from wt to cps or cst are grossly inaccurate and can never be accurate as WT is not a universal measurement.

If however you can only get your hands on WT.  There are a number of tests done by individuals who have measured Certain brands WT rating in cps or cst as well as compared ceratin brands wt ratings with each other.  These is are very helpful ;) .

Goodluck. and fyi I buy the cheapest oils which in my area are arrowmax at 4 euro for 60ml.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deafty said:

My comments were for cst.

I would however recommend you start with 7k front not 5k.  The other thread was directed at  specific users preferences ;)

When it comes to oils personally I always buy cst or cps rated oils they are incredibly close in thickness for the same rating.  If you use wt ratings you need to know they will always be in different thickness between the manufactures.   It is silly I know. but cps and cst are universal measurements (like cm, km and inches).  Regardless of manufacture cps and cst numbers will always be the same thickness.  Wt is not a universal measurement and as such, will never be the same between manufactures.

Also note:  Online conversion calculators from wt to cps or cst are grossly inaccurate and can never be accurate as WT is not a universal measurement.

If however you can only get your hands on WT.  There are a number of tests done by individuals who have measured Certain brands WT rating in cps or cst as well as compared ceratin brands wt ratings with each other.  These is are very helpful ;) .

Goodluck. and fyi I buy the cheapest oils which in my area are arrowmax at 4 euro for 60ml.

Wow, its been nearly a year and you still remembered, thank you ill go for 7 and 3 and see what happens

Thanks

Allan