• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savage X SS?

randomguy

I am already into nitro but never been for a monster yet :o

I'll b getting a savvy x ss later in the year without an engine so i can fit a sts.30

just want to know if theres anything that i will need to buy mod's ect. or anything that is a recomended upgrade.

or anything that just looks kl.

Thx :good:

BRad

well, maybe a spektrum for radio, a good strong servo for turning the big wheels !

Also the K4.6 is a good engine, has alot of power, don't really see why u need to get a sts but thats up to you.

yep, decent radio, ecent high torque steering servo, throttle mod maybe, je spares screw kit and thats it really. maybe a 3speed and a reverse if you like to drive into trees and bushes lol

as sin says, the k4.6 is well plenty, wheelies with high gearing. sts 30 will be OTT

yeah it comes with 47 spur and 17 tooth clutch bell, so it wheelies no problem.

If you got a STS i would recommend gearing it (down/up ??) so that u got more power to the floor, without it flipping

due to where the stock tank is and its design, when the fuel level is half used (in the middel of the tank) the engine runs leaner than usal, for this reason its best to tune with only half a tank of fuel, so when you run it with a full tank you don't have it running too lean and cause damage to the enigne ;)

the mid tank mod basicly puts the tank where the radio box is, this stops the half a tank lean issue but due to the tanks you can use for thins you can get lower run times, you also have to do a bit of moving of the radio gear so the tank can be fitted, to make it easier people also put extended TVPs on their trucks so there is more room.

due to where the stock tank is and its design, when the fuel level is half used (in the middel of the tank) the engine runs leaner than usal, for this reason its best to tune with only half a tank of fuel, so when you run it with a full tank you don't have it running too lean and cause damage to the enigne ;)

the mid tank mod basicly puts the tank where the radio box is, this stops the half a tank lean issue but due to the tanks you can use for thins you can get lower run times, you also have to do a bit of moving of the radio gear so the tank can be fitted, to make it easier people also put extended TVPs on their trucks so there is more room.

How much is that gonna cost me :(

are there any kits with everything in to do this ;)

BRad :)