• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My three tamiya's

Pauly.22

Wanting to get back into r/c stuff. I bought my mini as my first decent R/c after having nikko and rubbish like that. 

Bought it it in about 1998 I replaced the broken chassis wheels and did a new body she'll about 10 years ago and never drove it, 

i bought the the baja champ for £30 brand new when beatties was closing down about 2000-2001 used it a lot. The tyres are smooth now. Was a good car, needs a faster motor though for sure. 

I I always wanted the f150, and saw a kit forsale in 2005 and bought it but never used it much as I just passed my driving test. 

All should still till work fine. I might get some kind of display case up in the lost and set them out up there. The misses doesn't go in the loft so I can do what I like :)

here's a few pics taken a good few years ago. 

[URL=http://s106.photobucket.com/user/pauly_22/media/mini.jpg.html]mini.jpg

17-04-07_1424.jpg

59068706.jpg

54edaf94.jpg

94c098bb.jpg

I particularly like the Baja Champ, how the tyres are thoroughly worn but the shell still looks good, indicating that is has been used and enjoyed but not abused or mistreated.

• Like 1

On 24 March 2016 at 21:14, XV Pilot said:

I particularly like the Baja Champ, how the tyres are thoroughly worn but the shell still looks good, indicating that is has been used and enjoyed but not abused or mistreated.

Yeah I don't abuse the cars. The mini just had a lot of use, when I decided to fix it up. 

The baja was mainly used on Tarmac, if rarely flips over so the body is totally crack free, it's a good car but just ordered a faster motor for it now, although think I need to ball race it too. 

The f150 is great but the paint job went wrong and it's a mess really. I'd like a new she'll and stickers.