• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

4250kv motor pinion help!

Gatewaybod

Hello I am really new to bashing and I have a 4250kv motor, my friend has just ordered a 9410kv motor and keeps mocking me about mine and how much faster his will be. I have tried to read up about gearing and I am seriously confused and cant get my head around it.

Which pinion (how many teeth) would get the most out of my 4250kv motor? is there any other way of making mine faster than his?

I would love to wipe the smirk from his face, please help me defeat him!

Thanks in advance (sorry for being such a noob)

Brandon

2 hours ago, Gatewaybod said:

Hello I am really new to bashing and I have a 4250kv motor, my friend has just ordered a 9410kv motor and keeps mocking me about mine and how much faster his will be. I have tried to read up about gearing and I am seriously confused and cant get my head around it.

Which pinion (how many teeth) would get the most out of my 4250kv motor? is there any other way of making mine faster than his?

I would love to wipe the smirk from his face, please help me defeat him!

Thanks in advance (sorry for being such a noob)

Brandon

Just stand still and smile when he totals his.  9000kv+ in a carnage. :omgblinky:

14 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

Just stand still and smile when he totals his.  9000kv+ in a carnage. :omgblinky:

If it actually gets off the line without venting....

Is this going to be a straight drag race on tarmac or a general bash on rough ground?

You could gear up some more as long as temps allow this and/or advance the motor timing to for a bit more top speed. I'm guessing your running 2s lipo??  if so you could volt up to 3s but you would have to drop the gearing down to suit temps.

i wouldn't worry about your mate, 9000+ kv is really meant for 1s lipo imo and he will be pushing his luck even if he gears it right down especially off road the temps will go through the roof.  

I wouldn't even put 9000kv motor in race built rc with full metal transmission, but your choice anything over 3500kv in that truck is drive train suicide