• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 8ight truggy motor temp

covert

Motor as in leccy? 60C is comfortable, 70C is on the warm side, 80C is when damage starts to occur. Opinions will vary, but that's a good rule of thumb for you. If you can keep them below 60C, all the better. 

I kept mine 70c and under. I couldn't do below 60 unless I geared down 3 teeth which was pretty slow :mellow: ( I only have grass areas which don't help)

Had no problems.

I tried one of these out recently from yeah racing just to see and temps dropped considerably with the same gearing so it's now permanent :) 

yrac_ya-0261bk_2.jpg

Edited by dazp1976
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

I kept mine 70c and under. I couldn't do below 60 unless I geared down 3 teeth which was pretty slow :mellow: ( I only have grass areas which don't help)

Had no problems.

I tried one of these out recently from yeah racing just to see and temps dropped considerably with the same gearing so it's now permanent :) 

yrac_ya-0261bk_2.jpg

I have a couple of those, great kit that we shouldn't need! Try to mesh the fans, it'll keep the crap out.