• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Just got this...

HSKzz

1 hour ago, spannermonkey said:

You got lucky with that, even go the pipe. Radio gear works so get an engine and bash it as you save to upgrade. If its not to dirty where you bash a shell can wait plus will make tuning and setting up easier until your more confident with it.

Yeah I know right it's in pretty good nick as far as I can see. Although the front shock tower wasn't  attached, no was there a terminal on the switch and the front dog bone is a little bent. It's all things that I can fix no bother. Got the job of striping every last piece apart and service it all lol. Yeah a shell can wait for now it's basically just a big car park lol

26 minutes ago, HSKzz said:

What size springs does the standard Hyper 7 shocks use? The one's on mine aren't original and too short for my liking thanks 

There the older Hyper shocks, 14mm width iirc, I can't recall length.  I'll measure some tomorrow if you like, got a few sets in the mancave.

For me, brushless all the way - really suits a 7, and other than cost, conversion is very easy to do, around about a 2hr job, even for a first timer.

£90 is at the top end price for a 7 roller imo, especially one as old as that, hopefully it's a good one.  PBS is more suited to a track car to be honest, and the pbs parts for the 7 aren't as readily available as standard ones.  Swapping to a standard set up is simple and cheap should you decide to / be forced to down the line.  Fwiw, Ansmann's Virus is a clne of the 7, and all the buggy's (afaik at least) had pbs set up's like your 7 - parts should interchange.

8 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

There the older Hyper shocks, 14mm width iirc, I can't recall length.  I'll measure some tomorrow if you like, got a few sets in the mancave.

For me, brushless all the way - really suits a 7, and other than cost, conversion is very easy to do, around about a 2hr job, even for a first timer.

£90 is at the top end price for a 7 roller imo, especially one as old as that, hopefully it's a good one.  PBS is more suited to a track car to be honest, and the pbs parts for the 7 aren't as readily available as standard ones.  Swapping to a standard set up is simple and cheap should you decide to / be forced to down the line.  Fwiw, Ansmann's Virus is a clne of the 7, and all the buggy's (afaik at least) had pbs set up's like your 7 - parts should interchange.

Oh right didn't know they had changed them on the newer ones lol. 

Hmm loads of people say to go brushless on these as like you say it's so easy to do. There is just something about nitros that I keep coming back to lol. The noise isn't a problem for where I go... Most of the time... Fuel is pretty cheap as I don't use them too often like every week end or so and I personally find they are easier to set up and keep going lol. 

It's pretty much new to be honest... As far as I can tell. It just looks like someone used it for a little while when new. Got bored of it and kept it in storage for a while. Haven't had the diffs open yet. They sound okay from rolling it around, breaks seem strong and I have uprated both servos. The radio gear really holds it back tho :(

7 minutes ago, HSKzz said:

Oh right didn't know they had changed them on the newer ones lol. 

Hmm loads of people say to go brushless on these as like you say it's so easy to do. There is just something about nitros that I keep coming back to lol. The noise isn't a problem for where I go... Most of the time... Fuel is pretty cheap as I don't use them too often like every week end or so and I personally find they are easier to set up and keep going lol. 

It's pretty much new to be honest... As far as I can tell. It just looks like someone used it for a little while when new. Got bored of it and kept it in storage for a while. Haven't had the diffs open yet. They sound okay from rolling it around, breaks seem strong and I have uprated both servos. The radio gear really holds it back tho :(

Changed over for TQ spec if I remember right, went to 16mm big bores though hobao measure the springs, not the shock bore so there big bores are a poor cousin to others.

Unless the diff's have been worked on recently a service won't go amiss, if it's barely touched since new they'll be filled with, very old, grease.  Grease isn't bad per se but the stuff in there will be like tar if it's the original.  I miss Nitro occasionally, I get the noise and smell hit from others running them, it's just the times you find yourself with a spare hour and no lipo's charged - whereas nitro.....

Whichever way you go, enjoy it, the 7 will never set the world alight but it's a good buggy, easy to work on and reliable.

10 minutes ago, evssv said:

flysky gt2b 20 quid off ebay...2.4g 3 channel ...:good:

I would but it's too ugly for me :/ Thanks tho 

Just now, capri-boy said:

Changed over for TQ spec if I remember right, went to 16mm big bores though hobao measure the springs, not the shock bore so there big bores are a poor cousin to others.

Unless the diff's have been worked on recently a service won't go amiss, if it's barely touched since new they'll be filled with, very old, grease.  Grease isn't bad per se but the stuff in there will be like tar if it's the original.  I miss Nitro occasionally, I get the noise and smell hit from others running them, it's just the times you find yourself with a spare hour and no lipo's charged - whereas nitro.....

Whichever way you go, enjoy it, the 7 will never set the world alight but it's a good buggy, easy to work on and reliable.

I have realised that already that it is easy to work with. I have the diff casings on the bench at the moment. Going to open them up tomorrow and inspect them. Looking forward to the centre one as it's a spider diff apparently so going to require some patience putting that back together  

2 minutes ago, evssv said:

lol.fair nuff...:rolleyes:....I not fussed on the looks..its a tx after all..it works...for 20 new....bargain imo!:yes:!

Ahh i'm the opposite lol, although for someone that does like it then you can't argue £20 for it. Something like this seems perfect http://www.modelsport.co.uk/absima-cr2s-v2-2-channel-2.4ghzradio-control-system/rc-car-products/376271

41 minutes ago, HSKzz said:

I would but it's too ugly for me :/ Thanks tho 

I have realised that already that it is easy to work with. I have the diff casings on the bench at the moment. Going to open them up tomorrow and inspect them. Looking forward to the centre one as it's a spider diff apparently so going to require some patience putting that back together  

Pics look like a standard Hyper 7 diff- black casing, centre spider has a shiny silver case and Spider embossed in it.  I've a couple of spider diff's, don't rate them for 4S brushless, huge overkill for nitro.

30 minutes ago, HSKzz said:

Ahh i'm the opposite lol, although for someone that does like it then you can't argue £20 for it. Something like this seems perfect http://www.modelsport.co.uk/absima-cr2s-v2-2-channel-2.4ghzradio-control-system/rc-car-products/376271

Have you seen the FSgt3b or c?  b is £25 ish, multi model memory, £7 rx's, c is about £35 and uses it's own mini li-ion battery (like a phone) and a little more refined looks.  I've had both, mini me has just got a C himself, though personally I preferred the b with a 3s lipo mod.

I got that tx for a Virus I got my dad for xmas, nice to hold, trigger and wheel feels good and does the job, got for £19 new on eBay though so have a look on there to see if you can find it for about that price rather than 30 [emoji14]

1 hour ago, capri-boy said:

Pics look like a standard Hyper 7 diff- black casing, centre spider has a shiny silver case and Spider embossed in it.  I've a couple of spider diff's, don't rate them for 4S brushless, huge overkill for nitro.

Have you seen the FSgt3b or c?  b is £25 ish, multi model memory, £7 rx's, c is about £35 and uses it's own mini li-ion battery (like a phone) and a little more refined looks.  I've had both, mini me has just got a C himself, though personally I preferred the b with a 3s lipo mod.

Yeah it is the standard one... Not like what the online manual said it was xD All greased up and ready to go back in after I do the others and clean the thing 

I was just watching a video on that FSGT3B now and it seems really decent for the money lol. I take it you mean you can mod it to use a 3s lipo as the power? What one would you use? 

Im on with a project 1/16 nitro for my daughter, ebay special. Lol. That came with old style radio gear, its just too big and heavy for her hands so a flysky with rechargeable pack is perfect for her. Its all about preferences,  I prefer to spend less on them because Im not looking at my tx when out bashing.

11 minutes ago, spannermonkey said:

Im on with a project 1/16 nitro for my daughter, ebay special. Lol. That came with old style radio gear, its just too big and heavy for her hands so a flysky with rechargeable pack is perfect for her. Its all about preferences,  I prefer to spend less on them because Im not looking at my tx when out bashing.

You've gotta love the ebay specials sometimes xD 

Didn't even know they done 1/16 nitros lol. 

Yeah that flysky Fsgt3b looks perfect for me. Has loads of reviews about it online, 3 channel and 2.4g which im most happy for lol 

19 quid plus postage for what was a box of nitro and cigarette smelling bits. Lol. 5 quid for a servo and a bit of fiddling and got me an acme nb16 buggy. Its a great laugh, got it running on the decking last weekend, doughnuts the works and its really quiet so not much moaning from the old hag erm I mean lady next door.

29 minutes ago, spannermonkey said:

19 quid plus postage for what was a box of nitro and cigarette smelling bits. Lol. 5 quid for a servo and a bit of fiddling and got me an acme nb16 buggy. Its a great laugh, got it running on the decking last weekend, doughnuts the works and its really quiet so not much moaning from the old hag erm I mean lady next door.

Wow that's some deal right there :D At least it gets her into the hobby. I had an ACME Cyclone 1/10 nitro as my first one. It never ran as I was told they are too poor in quality for bashing so it sat for a year slowly getting stripped for screws and linkages etc. Nows I sold it lol

My Mrs has the acme condor. I built it with her as a kit. They have come on loads and for the price they are not too bad as a beginner model. They wont take massive jumps but do take bad landings well, nothing broken yet just a bent front shock tower and I did that during break in :blush: Never going to compete with the big brands but they are ok for a cheap basher now. Sh engines in most and decent radio gear. Im not worried if she leaves it caked in mud either due to price.

12 hours ago, spannermonkey said:

My Mrs has the acme condor. I built it with her as a kit. They have come on loads and for the price they are not too bad as a beginner model. They wont take massive jumps but do take bad landings well, nothing broken yet just a bent front shock tower and I did that during break in :blush: Never going to compete with the big brands but they are ok for a cheap basher now. Sh engines in most and decent radio gear. Im not worried if she leaves it caked in mud either due to price.

Thats the thing I love about RC brings people together and learning something new lol. During break in.... Oh dear xD 

Anyone know what is happening if a servo doesn't respond to a radio signal, yet it still moves and fits around when power is applied? I've tried 2 different Tx/Rx systems on there and neither of them want to make it work even though it was earlier??? Weird thanks 

Also I want to get new shocks for the car what ones are great for bashing? Preferably ally ones too lol 

Edited by HSKzz

On Monday, February 01, 2016 at 10:35 PM, HSKzz said:

I would love to be able to press "Buy it Now" I just haven't got the funds xD I'll add to watch list and hopefully it's still there lol. Always wondered are .21 Clutches, flywheels and bell housings all universal? Or are they engine specific? 

Not sure If you have funds yet but check this out.

281934217249?hash=item41a496c021:g:y68AA

6 minutes ago, spannermonkey said:

I need to check ebay more often xD I've got the funds, just not in the bank lol. I've messaged the seller to see what can be done haha 

1 hour ago, spannermonkey said:

Im on the hunt for a few bits so I keep others in mind too. :good:

Thanks for finding that haha, managed to get my step dad to lend me the money haha. For £25 it's worth a shot, even if it doesn't work I would still have some spares and a few things that I need to buy anyway haha