• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Good upgrades for Maverick Ion XB/RX

TheCatajig

39 minutes ago, bosq said:

stock spur gear is bullet proof.

you shall worry more about brass.

That's good to hear about the spur.The main reason I went for the brass pinions is help keep the motor temp down.That little motor gets prity hot but I am hoping the pinion,motor heatsink and ali motor mount should help.I cant decide if I should get the mt or xt tyres for it.

23 minutes ago, jony nitro said:

How it jump ?

It jumps well but my trouble is keeping it straight on the run up to the ramps.If I get it straight it fly's well.The front bumper has protected it well for the ramp misses and head on into the wall moments lol

How do you mean the front set up sucks?Do you mean the lights?

Yes :-))), I do not like, how I did it, how it looks. It must go better :-). This temporary solution is simply not good. Unfortunatelly I have XB body and there is 0 options to place it. Even to accomodate all the cables is a pain :-). Thinking to buy truggy body shell. [emoji2]

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

On 27/02/2016 at 11:57, bugsaint said:

Alu links from eBay. Thanks Tomooood062a19f311dbf97a2e0a43bd4cc38b5.jpgn the description it says the length

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting that up.T

Managed to find these on ebay. 2pcs A580039 RC 1:18 Truck Suvs Front/rear Servo Link

In the description it says the length is 45mm, obviousley they are adjustable but you wouldn't happen to know maximum and minimum length?

Ali drive cups,motor mount,pinions,heatsink and mt tyres have turned up.Hopefully the other stuff wont take to long.I am looking forward to trying the tyres to see if they make it a little more controlable.

2 hours ago, jony nitro said:

Mine should be here soon, motor mount and other stuff Asia Tees for mine.

I tried to order from there but i had trouble opening an account.Couldnt get the password  to work.It Kept saying slide somthing or somthing like that lol

9 minutes ago, jony nitro said:

Well was going to get the steering set up wasn't in stock though? I need a servo as well got any links?

For a servo?Mines fine so I haven't looked for servos

Just got a chance to fit the Mt tyres.They are a toutch taller than the DT stockers and in my opinion look better than the skinny stockers. I will give it a run ina bit to see if it's less squirrely.

Just gave it a quick run in the front room and they are definitely an improvement. I reversed then gunned the throttle and it went wheeling across the room.Not good for the diff I know but prity impressive for brushed and a half flat NiMH.

Edited by martin34