• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Mayzie12 || 1&2 Cell Dragster

mayzie12

Well I didn't think only having one speed car would last long!

Had an old supastox lying around after upgrading a couple of months back and thought it would be a good base for a 1 & 2 cell speed car.

Forgot to take a picture as a complete car as it started so here it is half  dissembled.

BsL4KlJ.jpg

And now the part of no return

3kvXw8M.jpg

Got a long strip of 3mm Aluminium on its way. Plan is literally to bolt the back to one end and the front to the other so i can retain what little suspension the car ever had. Car is small enough that i will be able to print a shell, albeit in sections.

Electronics wise the ESC will probably be a XERun 150a as i have one lying around although that is only good for 2s upwards so not quite sure what i'll do for 1s yet. Might whack the MGM in but again that is 2s upwards.

Motors will be a 9000kv and 13700kv from the man of Pie himself once he finds them.

Will probably look similar to the dragsters that Pie and Bez built for the £100 challenge a couple of years ago. Only thing i have had to buy so far is a bit of metal and the motors and hoping to keep it at that, so should be quite the parts bin car!

This is my 1 cell mardave its stupid, 12000kv motor (so I'm told) trackstar one cell 120A ESC. It REALLY needs a longer chassis as your doing. If I make it to the next speed event I'll race ya!

Mardave.thumb.jpg.107dd7f641a39dae2c4736