• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Gaming, anything and everything.

RCbutcher

11 hours ago, Ziggy122 said:

Any Euro Truckers (2)?

Ziggy

i used to play that all the time. Its a good game. 

12 hours ago, autobutcher said:

The new Battlefield 1 looks amazing, some biplane action at last!

Yes....how broken will it be at launch is the question.....I would like to buy/play it but EA/Dice have kicked my teeth in too many times....I am waiting until after launch just like I did with BF4 ( thankfully), only ended up playing BF4 on a free EA Access weekend...glad I did not buy it ...bigger fool me for buying the Star Wars turd through not noticing Dice/EA plastered all over it....

Buying any game pre order or day 1 is a bad idea,  I always wait for reviews,  then wait for patches and mods,  then wait for a sale. Then you buy a fun,  fully functional game with great mods at a fraction of the cost of the broken,  unoptimised mess it was :D

• Like 1

On 7/5/2016 at 12:04, Ziggy122 said:

Any Euro Truckers (2)?

Ziggy

honk honk 

iveco hauler large block 4x2 rear axle highlift ( shorter fuel tanks but a lotta mean n potato pulling)
mainly haul large stuff with weight to it, ie diggers and the odd flamables, usually find he hauling europe roads and the odd drop off in uk.
got going east and scandinavia dlc, just waiting for them to release the France map Dlc  ( yes we gonna get france to :) )

heres ivana with the numberplate EA7 P1E ( yes eat pie lol rofl )

YJHNbVX.jpg

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

Nice rig Tami. 

I was never a big gamer, my ex wife had a ps2 and games like Crash Bandicoot and Rayman. I couldn't get on with them at all. I bought some racing games but the ps2 controllers are so on/off there's no real brake or throttle feathering. 

It was only when a mate got a 360 and Forza 4 that I became the gamer I am today. Proper proportional triggers for throttle and brakes so much better control of cars. I sourced my own 360 and my mate and his family gave me F4, 6 months Live Gold membership and a bunch of credits for Christmas a few years back. I love F4, it's a lot of fun, a World Tour/Career Mode, lots of events and tracks and various other free play options. I've since got both the Forza Horizon titles, Colin McRae Dirt and Grid Autosport. I need to give more time to Dirt and Grid, they're harder to get to grips with. I'm itching to get a One and Forza 6. 

4 hours ago, Tamiyacowboy said:

honk honk 

iveco hauler large block 4x2 rear axle highlift ( shorter fuel tanks but a lotta mean n potato pulling)
mainly haul large stuff with weight to it, ie diggers and the odd flamables, usually find he hauling europe roads and the odd drop off in uk.
got going east and scandinavia dlc, just waiting for them to release the France map Dlc  ( yes we gonna get france to :) )

heres ivana with the numberplate EA7 P1E ( yes eat pie lol rofl )

YJHNbVX.jpg

Nice
I've got a whole fleet of trucks - I tend to run the volvo's because they have the biggest engine availible @ 750BHP
Drags best really
Mines a 6x2 - Rear Wheel tail lift, so spinning around is easier if i have a light load

I keep playing, but recently i keep on getting idiots who just pull out of junctions, when im cruising at 80mph
I honk honk with the 4 air horns, and mulitple lights but still they pull out

Sick of Rotterdamns lag though....

2 hours ago, Ziggy122 said:

Nice
I've got a whole fleet of trucks - I tend to run the volvo's because they have the biggest engine availible @ 750BHP
Drags best really
Mines a 6x2 - Rear Wheel tail lift, so spinning around is easier if i have a light load

I keep playing, but recently i keep on getting idiots who just pull out of junctions, when im cruising at 80mph
I honk honk with the 4 air horns, and mulitple lights but still they pull out

Sick of Rotterdamns lag though....

I'm vanilla , went and downloaded the multiplayer to find a nice little virus tucked in the website , after that i gave up and stayed totaly vanilla on my builds.

i own a single garage maxed out with 5 drivers all running ivecos and all right hand drive except one driver owns my old volvo , i just liked the iveco when i got a quick delivery job and ended up buying one  for myslef, then building more drivers up with them. i got the metalic paint jobs free when i got got the game from amazon and added the codes to steam when i upgraded my pc steam gave me a free metalic paint job as a gift.

also got the demo of american truck sim but the speeding fines are a joke and the max lvl3 and it stops you dead in the tracks playability made me double take on buying it. love scanidinavia thats a sweet run around, but i hope france comes with uber candy flossing (paris should be huge and packed with buildings  not like the sparse citys in ETS2 ).
i run at 55mph limiter to otherwise i just go into assetto corsa race mode and think i can grip race a 30+ ton truck lol 

I'm vanilla , went and downloaded the multiplayer to find a nice little virus tucked in the website , after that i gave up and stayed totaly vanilla on my builds.

i own a single garage maxed out with 5 drivers all running ivecos and all right hand drive except one driver owns my old volvo , i just liked the iveco when i got a quick delivery job and ended up buying one  for myslef, then building more drivers up with them. i got the metalic paint jobs free when i got got the game from amazon and added the codes to steam when i upgraded my pc steam gave me a free metalic paint job as a gift.

also got the demo of american truck sim but the speeding fines are a joke and the max lvl3 and it stops you dead in the tracks playability made me double take on buying it. love scanidinavia thats a sweet run around, but i hope france comes with uber candy flossing (paris should be huge and packed with buildings  not like the sparse citys in ETS2 ).

i run at 55mph limiter to otherwise i just go into assetto corsa race mode and think i can grip race a 30+ ton truck lol 

Does the ai traffic do your head in? Always crashing into you?

Ziggy

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

just started playing it again starting from scratch, might get into modding it more to my liking. currently only got the stock game no downloads, but if i start putting enough hours into it, i might pick up the rest of the DLC

Any recommended mods out there? 

11 hours ago, Ziggy122 said:

Does the ai traffic do your head in? Always crashing into you?

Ziggy

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

sometimes, they are useless at filtering thats where i see most accidents when they try filter in with you in traffic, or just decide to stop at junction where theres nowt coming lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Well i am now Trucking across America with American truck simulator. only a lvl 6 driver but already amassed $55,000 in my bank and still running short jobs to make money and XP, just been across the golden gate bridge to drop of some paint coloring , and now heading to Las Vegas to see the lights so i can pick up a few loads and shoft them across into nevada state,  going to head into Las vegas hen head north west , see if i can come across the white sands nuke testing facility in game ;) 

wish me luck i may get nicked for either speeding or being somewhere i should not be driving a big rig. Oh btw the kenworth T680 is an awesome beast hahahaha, screen shots to come like from my ETS2 post above

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

On 29/5/2016 at 23:12, Jumper said:

how many states have they done? 

Right now. california - nevada 
right now in beta 1.3 - ARIZONA , but this is a public beta testing so its not fully polished

so thats about the size of the STOCK euro truck sim game without DLC , bringing ATS inline with ETS2

Arizona is a free dlc when it hits the ATS client , no payment required , they were going to release with all three but decided zona needed more work time (cali and neva were 2yrs in the making using the newer ets2 tool set modular designing ) 

Yes you get to see the grand canyon in zona and its not to bad even with the smaller mapping (ets2 is something like a 1/20 scale, where ATS is more a 1/32 scale )
draw distance is nice instead of the crispness in ets2 , its more subbtle in ATS with a haze blur effect giving it a more distance feel to it, roads are nice , climbs are good with the new torque conversion data to. 

oh and the old police yeah they are sneeky, got a speeding fine from a smokey parked up BEHIND A BUSH , yep they hide and also pull up on hard shoulder. they also wail sirens if your speeding and they pass you or behind you.  right now i am level 10, own three kenworths and have a small garage with two drivers. have a 400k loan debt and around 80k in the wallet. 

Arizona is live, the free update to american truck simulator now gives you three states - california - nevada - arizona 

as i siad here is the eyecandy views of the grand canyon, this time i am hauling food stuff for wallmart (wallbert ingame ) in a 40+ ft trailer.
it was somewhat a chore getting down the narrow single lane country track with trailer in tow but the good old peterbuilt done me proud. 
so heres the views i grabbed ingame

FqSKlJJ.png

s4Sv0B0.png

ohh very pretty, very tempted to get, but i dont play the euro truck sim enough, just get the feeling it would sit in my steam collection, like alot of other games ive never even touched yet!

i paid £14.99 for American truck sim. 

is it worth it, well i also own euro truck sim to and i can say i have played around 30+hrs in ATS and around 60hrs in ETS.
i am always tempted to load up ATS as the scenery is a little more nicer and the road layouts more like the USA states. 
also found that the ingame IA is not as stupid as it was in euro truck sim , put an indicator on and the AI registers it and slows down/stops to let you out.
pull up on a side road and put indicator on AI again overtakes you or waits for you to pull away . much better on the AI side ;) 

if you got little ones its great for dual accounts and making a somewhat game of it, see who can drive the safest, get the best load pricing.
ATS also brings advanced parking you get a choice , drop off load without no XP gain. drop of a load but with easy trailer parking - or the big daddy urber hard trailer parking with a 90xp bonus ( trust me it aint easy shifting round a 40+ ft trailer in a very small area but its great fun and funny when you make mistakes )

Edited by Tamiyacowboy