• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help with a Value of this Petrol Boat please??

biggaz

hi, need to value this for a member of the family and i never had boats before so have no idea really?? any iformation on what type of boats they are? or bits you can see that are notable?

From the engravings on the engine case BZX-4 and some other numbers i think its a bonzi ultra mod zenoah 26 with what looks like a matching bonzi race pipe. Hull itself is about 55-56 inch without rudder and supposed to have Z DRIVE fitted?

IMG_3426_zpsaab3zxtr.jpg

IMG_3429_zpsaw9ytvg8.jpg

IMG_3431_zpsuwwrusjq.jpg

IMG_3433_zpstkf3fkfx.jpg

IMG_3436_zps8bknnx3v.jpg

IMG_3437_zpsvykoar5l.jpg

IMG_3443_zpsjaienmpz.jpg

IMG_3447_zpsy6vwxxn7.jpg

IMG_3446_zpsstoiy5rj.jpg

IMG_3445_zpslwp0kzyo.jpg

Once again, any info or money you think he should ask would be greatly apprweciated ;);) 

first one with the engine your looking between 250 300, thats a lovely motor fitted fully cooled, even the pipe is cooled to. its a race boat for sure no hobby side mess around.

the lower hull looks like it one held the first boast motor and shaft, ( they tend to swap out and use flex drive shafts these days), but its a light big guy and could be retro fitted out with a super large brushless motor and decked with around 24+ volts of lipo battery ( 6s - 8s) , big prop metal and tuned , flex drive unit shaft, and a cooling jacket for the motor with a marine'fied esc (esc is mounted with a water cooled heatsink). that would not half shift and be more quiet than the tuned up racer.
Just as a hull around the 60-120 range for the hull only

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tamiyacowboy said:

first one with the engine your looking between 250 300, thats a lovely motor fitted fully cooled, even the pipe is cooled to. its a race boat for sure no hobby side mess around.

the lower hull looks like it one held the first boast motor and shaft, ( they tend to swap out and use flex drive shafts these days), but its a light big guy and could be retro fitted out with a super large brushless motor and decked with around 24+ volts of lipo battery ( 6s - 8s) , big prop metal and tuned , flex drive unit shaft, and a cooling jacket for the motor with a marine'fied esc (esc is mounted with a water cooled heatsink). that would not half shift and be more quiet than the tuned up racer.
Just as a hull around the 60-120 range for the hull only

thats a big help mate, thanks a lot for that ;) has the first one go a z drive or not and is that a selling point lol?  

No Z-drive here buddy, thats a straight through prop and tube ( a long wire like flex wire inside a brass tube (stuffing tube ( prop tube) 
its gotta dual rudder setup into a single servo aka push-pull.

a Z-drive is like a whole new unit that bolts onto the rear of the boat kinda like an outboard motor without the engine, could one be fitted , yes i do not see why i cannot.
the white hull is a stepped race hull designed to make bubbles under the boat helping it travel faster.

after reviewing what im seeing, the engine alone will make a very healthy price, thats a modded Zen race motor, maybe an early version (im not to sure) they alone sell retail at five hundred dollars thats like near on 300 quid uk prices, your hulls are many a part , the first blue one is a deep V style  surf like skiper places like the calm beach inlets or the larger lakes. 
your white hull is a stepped Deep V race cigar hull , its a tad skinny than the other hence cigar tag. thats the type of boat you rock up to your local and national races and whomp the lakes. 

both on ebay i would be starting at around the very least £300 , better still i would find me a good lake and put them to use, boats are like flying, well your nearly flying just ontop of the water lol. 

26 minutes ago, Tamiyacowboy said:

No Z-drive here buddy, thats a straight through prop and tube ( a long wire like flex wire inside a brass tube (stuffing tube ( prop tube) 
its gotta dual rudder setup into a single servo aka push-pull.

a Z-drive is like a whole new unit that bolts onto the rear of the boat kinda like an outboard motor without the engine, could one be fitted , yes i do not see why i cannot.
the white hull is a stepped race hull designed to make bubbles under the boat helping it travel faster.

after reviewing what im seeing, the engine alone will make a very healthy price, thats a modded Zen race motor, maybe an early version (im not to sure) they alone sell retail at five hundred dollars thats like near on 300 quid uk prices, your hulls are many a part , the first blue one is a deep V style  surf like skiper places like the calm beach inlets or the larger lakes. 
your white hull is a stepped Deep V race cigar hull , its a tad skinny than the other hence cigar tag. thats the type of boat you rock up to your local and national races and whomp the lakes. 

both on ebay i would be starting at around the very least £300 , better still i would find me a good lake and put them to use, boats are like flying, well your nearly flying just ontop of the water lol. 

Once again, i thanks you ;) 

one said the blue one looks like a  Aeromarine Apache hull 55inch and its very similar from what i googled but im sure theres lots near the same?

kinda wish i could afford them, ;)  youve been a great help cheers

apache is one of the hulls thats copyied a lot, its more the hulls style thats copyied.

with that sorta engine, your not going to be running it in some cheapy rubbish made by joe blogs.
so at a guess its very possible a apache hull or in the style off . either way both hulls are in tip top condition 
one ready to nearly run and the second ready for a re-fit