• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fletcher's hypers

Well. Here's little bit of a build  kind of thread. Gonna gradually update over time as I work on them and alter them. Got a hyper 7 and hyper  st both brushless. Just post up pics to keep track for personal  looking back on and for those who like too browse through builds. And so I can ask questions as I get stuck lol

Maybe in future will make the St 6wd . Maybe . But first the plans are too put the ESC on the steering servo (lower down out the way) then make a reciever box center diff top plate like I've done on the hyper 7. Then make a motor mount out of alli so it looks bit better. Currently the motor mount is sheet metal welded together lol (money was tight but it works perfectly )

Well been shopping for the St to give it a make over and put into the condition it deserves! Badland tyres on desperado wheels. Diff oils ordered. Thick shocks. Few bits of shiney alli to give it being and losi battery tray.

Though it will probably be around Christmas when it's all sorted

• 3 weeks later...

There's the St after her rebuild. Looking allot cleaner. The proline tyres along with oiled axles make hell of a difference :) like a whole different truck. But only had 5 mins of use today as the motor come 9ut of mesh with tthe drive :( only 2 bolts I didn't check after first 2 rruns... typical lol

20151220_000606-800x450.jpg

20151219_235241-800x450.jpg

Today I stripped my rear end. Given a good clean out (8 years of crud built up) put fresh 60k diff oil in and put some waterproof grease in the diff housing area (I didn't know what to put in so figured this is better than nothing. Please say if I'm wrong) 

A quick test around garden seems like she is allot more balanced and tail wants to step out for once :D 

While I was at it couldn't help but make the rear  brace look abit nicer and shinier hehe

20151230_152905-640x360.jpg

20151230_152913-600x1067.jpg

1 of the teeth was missing on the rear  diff crown wheel too so gonna start looking for new diffs somewhere in preparation for when it goes big time 

Edited by fletch101

Waterproof grease is fine to use on the outside of the diffs - the housings aren't sealed so crud will get in over time - instant gasket works ok, or homemade paper ones - none are perfect solutions as crud still works it's way in through the outdrives.