• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best Compound Tyres for short or long grass

ROBSTER 1992

• 2 weeks later...

So now I'm running Medium Compound Tyres 29cc 2 Bolt Chung Yang Engine with Tuning Insulator Block and a 603 Carb with Choke Mod and Chung Yang Standard Fg Foam Filter and I have Decided to put My Jetpro Pipe Back on instead of a Samba I might as well use it cause if I did get a samba My Jetpro would just sit in my Cupboard not getting used the Jetpro pipes are not the best pipes in the world I know that but they aren't bad pipes they do the job they are very loud though still going to be running my breather pipe on it made a big difference I think but other people say it doesn't need it but it's my car so I am leaving it as it is I will be running Racing Venom next year my choice as its my car I have a nice Fg Marder Standard Bodyshell I really like them they look good had to do a bit of work to my Rear Spoiler it was Battered.

Here's Some pics. d8d2329ecc902d03e4d5c569f824bde1.jpgce0dba9004bb3bd42174b22421f1fefa.jpg656711cb2881d6b519e4a5c13c531731.jpg36e6732237bbc9a0a0f1a88d57e26bdd.jpgff93a3fcf81e546169d57ce15b1ddbae.jpg9a4d978ab7f546064afb00bf8d9d9b10.jpg00a041029b370843ba30f3eaa867e592.jpg5e0e32481fa3b4cbace6928b5f43c4df.jpg

I still need to put the pull starter on and the Jetpro pipe and then it's done.

[emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Looks good. Thats an old pull start going by the sticker ;) lol.

Also a couple of tips.

The zip ties round the battery to battery holder, Remove them and use electrical tape. The ties will break the battery bars with the vibration.

And you may want to look at the rubber coupling mod for your pipe. Rear mounted one piece pipes will snap the head of the case with a bad rear end landing.

Got to love a Marder though. where it all started :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, ROBSTER 1992 said:

I have a Failsafe.

A fail safe wont be any use to you If your t/b servo dies bud, It'll be bye bye marder..lol 

Yup. No killswitch is asking for trouble.

Had a servo burnout on the Baja jamming the throttle wide open. No drama with a killswitch, just press and the ignition is off. Otherwise....you watch 15Kg of car heading off at close on 40mph with no way to stop it.

The failsafe will put on the brakes....not...as the servo was locked up solid and smoking.

Best I could have done was drive in circles flat out until I crashed or it ran out of fuel ...

I did have a fail safe that's built in give me some crap,  I'd not set the rx to the right setting on the t/b so when I turned my tx off it put it on full throttle instead of the brake  and it was off, stuck wide open tyres was at full expansion lol! About 12" in diameter lol! I couldn't get to the stop button coz the tyres was in the way with um being so big at this time. Lucky I had the trusty tuning screwdriver in mi pocket tad longer than ax normal screwdriver lol! Good job coz I only just got to the bottom lol! 

If I'd of swiched the tx back on it would of stopped but I thought all was ok. If run off so I did what I thought was best and made it worse lol! U live and learn everyday

?

Edited by flatout!

• 2 weeks later...