• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 tq2 help

Dannymitchell506

Loosen off the nut on the HSN needle (red arrow in pic in link below) & remove it......Make a mark with either a felt tip pen or scratch it on with a screwdriver, above the hole in the needle....Tighten it back up, ensuring that the fuel line nozzle lines up with the mark you made.  I had this problem once before & found that the needle hole wasn't properly lined up, so the fuel was reaching the carb from the tank, but wasn't actually getting into the carb.............

http://%7Boption%7Dhttp://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad177/chris_512/HSN Carb Needle_zps3joajrjc.jpg

Edited by chrisjw

Pull the fuel line off the nipple on the exhaust pipe.  clean it off and blow into it ... should push fuel from the tank into the fuel line leading to carb.  Listen for airleaks - inspect for same.

Before trying to run the car ... with no glow ignitor on ... hold a finger over the exhaust pipe outlet, crank motor over a bit ... should PRIME the fuel intake lines to the carb.

Dont over do it ...

Pretty much how its done ... I take a flathead screwdriver - after I do essentially what you did - and make a mark across the midrange needle screw and the carb body and fill in the small etched mark with blk sharpie ... the hyper mid range needles are know to "walk" on ya and vibrate them selves out.  Once you got the needle where ya like it and things running good.  Mark it so ya know where to set it back.  Once the mid is set and running ... no need to fiddle with IT again.  Make all future adjustments on High / Low and idle screws.

I tend to run my hyper .21 8 port mills on the warm side - 250*-270* F doesnt scare me [ on 30% nitro ]  - you wont get a lot of life out of em but, they will scream if piped right and a stiff set of clutch springs to get the revs up before the clutch pops - gives some solid punch - which these mills lack [ bottom end torque ]

Have fun

On 22 November 2015, sputnik said:

Pretty much how its done ... I take a flathead screwdriver - after I do essentially what you did - and make a mark across the midranDannyge needle screw and the carb body and fill in the small etched mark with blk sharpie ... the hyper mid range needles are know to "walk" on ya and vib rate them selves out.  Once you got the needle where ya like it and things running good.  Mark it so ya know where to set it back.  Once the mid is set and running ... no need to fiddle with IT again.  Make all future

I tend to run my hyper .21 8 port mills on the warm side - 250*-270* F doesnt scare me [ on 30% nitro ]  - you wont get a lot of life out of em but, they will scream if piped right and a stiff set of clutch springs to get the revs up before the cl

18 hours ago, Moonwolf said:

I had a problem with my mid range too. Stopped it moving by using a bit of ptf tape on the thread

Sputnik- yes the 8 ports can run hotter and they have quite a lot less torque than the 3 and 4 port engines...it is due to port time area...the 3/4/8 port engines use the same timing for opening and closing but of course there is a difference in area....still not sure why they stopped making the 4 port.                        (did not mean to quote you Moonwolf)................