• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 > 808 project

Wrighty8766

My take of the rules would be that if the part numbers for the ST chassis and GT chassis are the same then it would be legal and either length GT chassis would be fine as long as they are classed as 1/8th scale 

Edited by .AJ.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran a truggy chassis in the 808 class this year, 360mm wheelbase. Its a stock chassis so i cant see any problems with the rules and GT bodies fit from the inferno or theres ones from Delta Plastik too

I want to keep the 8O8 class as simple as possible so the rules state that the following

• Chassis should be 1/8th scale and commercially available GT type or converted buggy. Chassis must be factory not custom made.
  • Mods to the chassis are allowed but must not replace existing factory chassis
  • Single electric motor any size
  • Maximum of 8 cells
  • Max cell voltage 4.2 Volts per cell
  • Max Mah of cells = Unlimited
  • Custom or commercially available body shell which must cover the wheels.

So how is this interpreted?

Basically buy or already have any 1/8th on road car and put 8 cells and a motor in it. If you want to modify your car there are plenty of other classes that allow modifications and custom chassis

I hope that clarifies the situation

Cheers

• Like 1

Over the last week or so I have ordered all the bits for the 808 conversion, most of them have arrived, some I have test fitted but I haven't had the time to do any real work on it till today.

First job is the diffs, When I first built my hyper 7 speed runner I skipped the diffs during the build as I wanted to get it all together first and check everything was OK etc, I ended up at 102mph still having the stock grease in the front and rear and 500k in the centre lol, I have a spool in the centre now and I plan on 500k front and rear

Doesn't look too bad considering how fast they have been spinning :) even the bearings feel new

d89e972b0f0d7492e433912ecc016ae5.jpge4a777683c4891ea1fbc68e9eed1edb2.jpg

All clean and ready for 500k

f839c0f6ce4db1bd3249ae6bcc60360a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rear end is done, all went together very easily and all is running very smooth! I fitted new bearings and seals in the diff and greased the gears up with a nice dollop of red'n'tacky!

3c1829233995727559aab23e90814cfe.jpg

Also I have taken off the +12mm extended hexes I had fitted as I thought that they would protrude out of the GT body a fair bit!

Looking at this there is a fair bit of difference

3542c50d9e24a7d933a017bbb53eddb0.jpg

Stripped the front end down and it was the same story, all very tidy and looking brand new considering the speed it had been up to, bar the wear on the cups obviously

274109b5080d24096f6ae6699f6748b9.jpgd74525b324f7e8d11ab44de4720dfef8.jpg

The only issue I have ran into is the shocks, with the GTB's shock towers being much shorter obviously the shocks need to be too! The rear was fairly easy, all it did was use the front shocks on the rear and they work perfectly!

The front however I think I am going to try some revo shocks on there, the only issue being that the little ball in the bottom of the shock is slightly wider than the opening in the suspension arms, I don't know wether to shave the opening or shave the balls...

Update to follow....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Wrighty8766 said:

Well, my new motor has arrived :)

Absolutely awesome :D

8a67deadba5f92bc8bfdfec7e777be7b.jpga38bead4d6bea25502e8c2406d838abf.jpg

Vrooom vrooom.

Is that a 40mm can David?  Looks potent, shame about the hardware holding the end caps on.

Vrooom vrooom.

Is that a 40mm can David?  Looks potent, shame about the hardware holding the end caps on.

It is a 1440 which translates to 36x102mm, it sounds skinny but these motors packed tightly inside and generate more power than say a 40-42mm can

I know, he could have at lease put hexes on there haha

Just now, Wrighty8766 said:

It is a 1440 which translates to 36x102mm, it sounds skinny but these motors packed tightly inside and generate more power than say a 40-42mm can

I know, he could have at lease put hexes on there haha

:thumbsup:

Get that in a tenth then :deviltongue: