• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hi Guys I'm new to the Helicopter Scene

Afternoon guys had a go at flying my Helicopter this morning I defiantly need more practice and my helicopter seems to have a mind of its own it spins round and goes in different Directions by its self it's not that bad but it is making it hard for me to Take of.

When I get it up in the air it's not that Bad.

I have also put some wait at the front cause I noticed when I took the battery of the Front it made the helicopter go backwards and the battery was at the Front but the only reason I took the battery of the front was because I wanted to be able to access it east hence when I Charge it I won't have to plug the helicopter in to charge It I can get the battery out easy now so I can now charge the Battery separate.

Here's what I had to do at the Front had to put wait on it because the helicopter was tipping Backwards.

8589ddbf66d0c6c204cebe61a2d6eec1.jpg85632fad12488bdf463c2bc544deca87.jpg

Sorry guys I spelled Wight wrong on one of my posts spelling is my strong point some Times.

I put Wait lol.

Perhaps I should go and ask someone for a long wait lol.

The guys tried to trick me who I used to work for as a apprentice with that one I acted out and went out side started walk to next door so made them think that I was going to do it I turned round walked back into them and said you not going to foil me with that one so I didn't do it and I showed them up big time and they Respected me cause I didn't foil for it.

It's like when someone asks you for a spirit level bubble lol.

Afternoon Guys I had another go at flying my helicopter the Battery's I put on the Front where to Heavy so the Helicopter wouldn't lift of the Ground so what I had to do is put it back how it was cause with the battery's I put in the Front Nose it made the helicopter sit dead straight but when I Took the Battery's out of the Front Nose it made the Helicopter tip backwards so I put the Helicopter Battery back where it was and it made it Straight again and it was not tipping Forwards or Backwards the only reason I took the Battery of the Front was so I could charge it separate instead of charging it in the Helicopter I'm getting more confident guys and I am starting to have it up in the Air for longer now I need to try and fly it In a Bigger area because I'm am currently trying to Fly it in my Room and there is not any space in my Room its Defiantly hard to master fly these things but I will get there evenly we all have to Start from Some Where I suppose you guys have bin there and done that.

As you have discovered - weight is your enemy

Lots of flight time is the only way to learn

I started on a co-axial, now crash collective pitch heli's as my hobby

Getting a PC sim (Phoenx is the one I tend to use the most often) and fly as often as time will allow and it will eventually start to click

It costs a lot less than crashing the real thing and will pay for itself very quickly, if you don't get on with flight sims I can recommend a V911 as a nice and solid and stable first 4 channel copter that will teach you better control and habits than the co-axial will ...should you wish to get addicted to heli's

It will more than likely survive whatever you can throw at it and they are dirt cheap...which is handy

(I still have massive a soft spot for my V911...though there are times I wish I had never got it as its got me completely obsessed and hooked and seems to have made my bank account disappear and I'm constantly waiting for the postman like a junky waiting for the dealer)

Beware the slippery slope

Regards

Rob

Thanks for the advice robocog I have just got a Helicopter simulator for my IPhone of the App Store it saves me trashing my Helicopter and Crashing it had a little go and its quite a good simulator I am going somewhere tomorrow that has a big area so might get some Flight time tomorrow as you said it's the only way to learn practice makes perfect I will get it I'm not giving up.

I hope it's not to windy tomorrow for my Flying.

Hi Guys I went out flying with my helicopter today I got on better with it because I was in a bigger area and I got some decent flight time in the air to so I am getting used to it now and I have more control it was a bit windy for flying though cause the wind was blowing my helicopter and making it go all over the place and it was making it crash I need to wait to fly it on a nice still day with no wind.