• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Slash body shell from China

Tear101

Sorry, not used that one.  Points to note though it's PVC - so nowhere near as durable as PC (polycarbonate otherwise known as Lexan).

You'll be lucky too if this dodges customs

Addendum:

I only paid £25 for a Blitz preprinted body in the UK.

Edited by capri-boy
edit

I thought the same about it being made of pvc and as for dodging customs thats just down to pot luck!

it bugs me that body shells for other cars or trucks(made by traxxas or pro line) can be picked up for like £20 but as soon as you mention Slash the price shoots up to £30-40. thats why when i saw this one for £24 i considered it. Customs will probably  catch me and bump the price up to the normal range!

I thought the same about it being made of pvc and as for dodging customs thats just down to pot luck!

it bugs me that body shells for other cars or trucks(made by traxxas or pro line) can be picked up for like £20 but as soon as you mention Slash the price shoots up to £30-40. thats why when i saw this one for £24 i considered it. Customs will probably  catch me and bump the price up to the normal range!

Don't blitz shells fit?

Customs is pot luck, but odds decrease rapidly the bigger the box in my experience.  This'll be a big box.

This is the standard shell to the slash 4x4 clone found on banggood and or gearbest. I forget the tricks name but think it start hum mayb. 

It looks like traxxas finally shut it down I heard they filed a law suit Bcos it's a direct copy.

It's called the

HuanQi HQ 727 1:10

Neither banggood or gearbest have it anymore. They do have other clones tho. The scx10 clone looks quite good and has all metal axles avalible for £20 lol.

Edited by RCbutcher

If you don't want to keep buying slash bodies another way is to buy a cage and make you're own panels. Some guys have modded the axial cages to fit the slash and they look really good.  

Wraith cage I think. 

I'm just gonna buy a proline flotec when I need one and then shoo goo the hell out of it.

My last flotec cracked in two places within the first run, both rear corners. But I really like the look of the flotec shells. I might go with the dodge ram this time. 

Just had a Blitz shell delivered it doesn't fit on my Slash 2wd, its way to tall and the holes don't line up. Do the Slash 2wd and 4wd have different shells, does the Blitz shell only fit on a Slash 4wd. Just done some googling and the Blitz body should fit, only thing I got a Blitz Skorpion shell I guessed it would be the same...obviously not :(

Edited by Fontie

• 2 weeks later...