• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MST - FXX-DS - RWD Band Wagon!

scratcher

I got impatient waiting on the gears so I decided to take a look at the suspension.

The plastic dampers came off so I could check the rebound and see if they were smooth... they weren't. And had no rebound at all!

20150924_212736_zpst2xn2zw6.jpg

I'd like to go for some nice matching MST dampers eventually but i got a set of Yeah Racing ones out that I bought and built a while ago. I'm impressed with them for a budget set :)

20150924_212759_zpsf3xdm5yp.jpg

Super smooth. I used the original MST springs as they're well suited to the chassis.

20150924_212741_zpsdtjovv27.jpg

I really hope the gears come tomorrow. I need to learn to drift this thing :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

It's been a long time since I updated this!

Over a year since blast ran my RC cars. I've been watching loads of YouTube videos which inspired me to get back into it.

The FFXalways seemed to run a bit funny. It was very skitty. Turns out there was a broken front upper arm.

You could only tell with the car upside down, haha.

I managed to buy a while chassis pretty much in pieces and got the part I needed and loads of spares.

My photos aren't working at the moment but I'll update with pictures soon.

I have a quieter week at work so the office will be vacuumed and a track marked out :) hopefully my batteries are still good.

Photos!

Here's the offending part.

To get these parts was almost  £20 with postage so buying a whole chassis in parts was an amazing deal.

20170625_201213_zps7fsfls8x.jpg

And back in business :)

20170625_201528_zpsr5rexbdc.jpg

Off to work now, I'll get the carpet vacuumed and mark up a little track.

• 1 year later...

A year and a half since the last update and really, since I last tried running the car.

The soldering wasn't grey and a couple of joints worked loose and the chassis sat for ages. A few months ago I tried to rewire it with all black cable, just to tidy it up - but I'm crap at soldering!

A friend took it to work and sorted it all for me.

IMG-20181112-WA0001_zpsjbchk9no.jpg

I should have it back one evening this week.

I moved to a new workshop last October and have just been crazy busy, but at the weekend I got the MS-01D out and had a friend over to slide the cars around. 

Here's the layout we messed around on.

20181110_181002_zpsnszag0bb.jpg

It was so much fun!

I can't wait to have the FXX back and start working on RWD again.