• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Stepping into Truggy Ownership - Hyper TT

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of buying a hyper tt and have a couple of questions for those experienced with them.

1. What are the weak areas that will need upgraded.

2. Can parts be sourced in the UK

3. Will it handle a 4s setup

Cheers guys, any input will be appreciated.

• Like 1

Morning mate. Ive yet to break mine so i dont know the weak points. Parts can be sourced in the UK.

Ive ran mine on 3s and it was silly quick with a 3750kv motor. It can handle 4s dependent on which motor you chose to fit.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, TMaxxDave said:

Morning mate. Ive yet to break mine so i dont know the weak points. Parts can be sourced in the UK.

Ive ran mine on 3s and it was silly quick with a 3750kv motor. It can handle 4s dependent on which motor you chose to fit.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Its a HPI 1965kv 1/8th motor with the 80 amp esc all from the trophy flux....its just what i have lying around at the moment. Dont want spend the extra ££'s on another new setup.

Just wondering if the diffs and drive shafts will handle the torque.

Edited by RCpete

4 hours ago, RCpete said:

I'm thinking of buying a hyper tt and have a couple of questions for those experienced with them.

1. What are the weak areas that will need upgraded.

2. Can parts be sourced in the UK

3. Will it handle a 4s setup

Cheers guys, any input will be appreciated.

I stumbled across this thread here - and was interested - as I have 2 [ 1 brand new in box still ] Hyper ST mini's.  Essentialy same truck just 1st iteration and a bit shorter.... a good bit shorter actually.  So I grabbed a TT chassis and the needed electric conversion bits from Nitrohouse.com as they still stock all things Hobao here [ usa importer ]   Anyhow, I read a really good thread on this car on rctech.net forum thats quite  long and it lists the answers to most all the queries you have on this car.

RCTech.net Thread for the Hyper 10TT [ 100+ pages long ] - http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/437241-hyper-tt-4wd-1-10th-truggy-thread.html

Steering knuckles seem to be main issue

Front diff top plate over the sterring rack / ackerman - needs to be CNC.

Car shares many parts with the Hyper 10SC and Hyper ST mini ...

SNR Graphite products here in USA and STRC - both have hopup parts in inventory for this car. 

Im going to sell them both I think ...as I already have 3 Jammin CRT .5 minis.

SNR - http://www.snrgraphite.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=34_2

STRC - http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=61

Those driveshafts tho' bro ... ohhh yaa

STRC - Hyper SC10 - http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=47

Edited by sputnik

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TMaxxDave said:

Got a lovely Castle motor on the way to go with the Hobbywing WP-SC8 ESC, after my Turnigy system died a horrible death

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

What size of motor is it? Do you think a 42/74 motor would fit? I'm still thinking of buying a hyper tt but am at a loss as to what motor to put in. Have a 42/74 lying around and wonder whether it will fit or will the rear chassis brace be in the way?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Removed my Proline Trenchers omand sold them on.

Replaced them with some FTX Carange wheels.

Been running the car for a while now. After the melted Hobbyking ESC was replaced with a Hobbywing 80a ESC and i dropped to the 13t pinny reccomended by Castle - as im running a Castle 1410 Motor.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Neo

• 1 month later...

Been running this for nearly a year now and i have to say. Its been fantastic. Its still my 'go to' car if i wanna take something out. Its chosen over the Tamiya (mainly coz i dont wanna grub up the Tamiya. Lol) and its more versatile than the rally car (as you'd expect). Its gonna get a full strip and clean and rebuild soon. Need a reccomendation for diff oils and shock oil? Also one of the rear shocks is sticking ever so slightly at max extension. Any ideas what it may be?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Neo

• 2 weeks later...

Shocks 40 wt should be ok diffs not so sure as I dont have this model normally for a small truggy 30k in rear and 50k in front and if it has centre diff I would go with about 60k that is for offroad use if onroad I would go thinner like 10k rear and 30 front and 40k centre

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Parts are a little harder to come by purely due to them being 1/10 and not 1/8 like the “normal” hypers. They do share some parts with the Hyper Mini ST, which is listed at 1/12 for some reason (to memory)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk