• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What 1/8th brushless?

Hawkpalmer

I fancy something brushless and prefer it to be 1/8 scale!

Was looking through the crawler pages but not sure if that's going to be for me although I like the scale look of the jeeps ect (any 1/8th?)

Other option is a 1/8th rally (bsr rally seems to be popular atm?)

I'm not looking for anything to break any speed records, just something to either build/hopup/learn and rag around 2s/3s lipo is plenty!

Budget is a few hundred and I don't mind 2nd hand!

If you consider a buggy, im saving up for a hobao hyper sse roller but it is available as a rtr if thats what you want. Very few crawlers are 1/8th apart from the capo jeep but thats $1200 as a kit, crazy money. Rally wise, you could look for a wr8 second hand or try and find a new one. Theyre reliable and spares access in uk is top notch. Hope thats helped :)

I'm not that keen on the buggy look (hpi trophy/vorza ect) and I had a hyper before!

Yeah was looking at the wr8, they do look good and good to know spares are available in UK!

The wr8 is based on the bullet monster truck platform so is tough as old boots and has good spares compatability and hpi's uk customer service is epic from experience

The bullet has a terribly poor drivetrain even HPI agree hence all the upgrades available for it .. The last thing I'd call the bullet is tough as old boots sorry ..

As for 1/8th scale if you want cheap and not new factor in a repair bill from the start as for a couple of hundred your going to get something that needs a little tlc, so don't go and blow all the budget on the RC ..

If your not het up on a name tag you could look on the hobbyking site at the basher range there cheap will take a light bashing but parts are going to have to come from them and there global site :( the sabertooth has proven to be quite popular ..

Edited by mydoddy69