• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hobbywing fan connector

stretch

I need to upgrade my fan on my hobbywing esc to run 3s i've ordered a 12v one but it came with bare wires, anyone know what the connector is called and where I can get on from with fly lead on? even if it's attached to a fan I can chop it off, or if maplins etc do one?

It's the white one in the pic

F2-2510SH-5V-L35.jpg

Edited by stretch

Is your current fan not just soldered on? It is on my 35 A so when I upgrade I'll just solder the new one in its place.

Edit: I see now on other HW ESCs there is a plug. Mine is an EZrun. I guess you don't want to take the plug off your existing fan?

Edited by Cherry

Yeah I don't really want to chop the connector off the old fan. Ideally just need the fly lead like in this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Hobbywing-Ezrun-5V-0-12A-max-7-2V-ESC-Cooling-Fan-auto-/261978153797?hash=item3cff1d6345

Edited by stretch

By the looks of it its a standard 2 pin pc fan connector. I guess find someone with a broken PC/laptop and rip it apart :P or ring a local PC repair shop, might have one about to go in the bin you could have for pennies.

I think I have a old fan lying around that you could have bud with that connector if that's any good

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

that would be great if you have mate

Yeah there should be one somewhere it's not working but has the connectors etc

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk